Goal Setting...

Options
Hi All!

So I've noticed that a lot of you set goals to lose "X" amount of pounds by a certain date. I'm wondering if I should do the same for myself, however I'm so nervous to see what will happen if that goal is not reached. I take it pretty hard when I don't loose weight as easy as i did when I started this lifestyle change... so I can only imagine what it'll do to me if I don't reach my goal.

Any thoughts? Is goal setting for everyone?

Thank you for reading! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• OntheSand
    OntheSand Posts: 119
    Options
    Hi All!

So I've noticed that a lot of you set goals to lose "X" amount of pounds by a certain date. I'm wondering if I should do the same for myself, however I'm so nervous to see what will happen if that goal is not reached. I take it pretty hard when I don't loose weight as easy as i did when I started this lifestyle change... so I can only imagine what it'll do to me if I don't reach my goal.

• jaymee85
    jaymee85 Posts: 20
    Options
    Dammit,
    Goal setting can be a very motivating tool and i encourage it! You should make sure that the goals that you do set are reasonable to avoid being disappointed if you do not obtain it. If you do happen to be a few pounds shy when you reach your deadline do not be discouraged, but use you disappointment to further motivate you to work even harder when you set your next goal. You may not reach every goal, but thats life. Good luck!
  • amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    Set small goals that you know can be reached. As you are surpassing those goals start to make them a little harder. By achieving those little ones it will boost your confidence and make the bigger goals easier. :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

If you don't reach your goal by a set date and you will beat yourself up over it I wouldn't do then but thats just my opinion-

I don't have set dates but I would like to be half way to my goal by my birthday which is possible however once my body hits a certain weight the scale no longer moves and I just drop inches so I can't just go by the scale on if I am hitting my goals