Insanity

Options
Has anyone heard of the new exercise program "Insanity?" My hubby just brought it home and we're supposed to start it tomorrow, but now I'm a little hesitant. His coworker lost 11 inches when she did it and that convinced him to try it. His fitness level is greatly higher than mine and I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to keep up so I might not reap the benefits. Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks!!!

Replies

• shaverkl191
    Options
    I'm just about to start my 3rd week of Insanity. One of the benefits I find is that you can go at your own pace. Shaun T (the instructor) encourages you to take breaks if you aren't able to keep up good form. Even if you do end up having to go at a slower pace, it's better than doing no exercise at all. I'd say give it a shot and see how it goes!!
  • niks66
    Options
    Insanity is really tough and was made for someone who is already somewhat in shape. But that being said, you can always modify the exercises to your needs. Don't feel like you have to keep up with the trainer on the video, just keep moving and you'll see results!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    OMG DO IT! Then send your husband to me my address is. . . . .

I wish my husband would work out with me. Insanity is one of the programs i want. I swear I'm making my friend mail me his p90x, still in box . . . darn him!
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    IT's great and hard! Lots of plyometrics - jumping, up and down, keeping the heartrate up and the breathing panting! It feels great to finish each workout, especially if you have a HRM and can enjoy watching it skyrocket!
    Good luck!!
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Insanity has been around awhile. In my opinion go for it. Give it 100% when you can and take the needed breaks. As time goes along, your fitness level will increase and you will be able to keep up...just keep pushing play!
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    All I've heard is that it's insane, LOL
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Its a tough workout, for sure. Intense! I didnt stick with it but there are many people that have. I prefer P90X and Turbofire, which are still hard, but not as in your face!!

You can but try and see if you get on with it. Like everyone says, you can modify and take breaks :bigsmile:

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • swchapman
    Options
    :laugh: OMG Shaun T is going to work you into shape.If insanity is done correctly you will reap the benefits(inches and pounds lost).I suggest you go at your own pace b/c this is a high intensity workout and you don"t want to injure yourself.Measure yourself before you start so you can track your loss.Good luck:smile:
  • picinina
    Options
    I have just completed day 3 into the Beachbody Insanity program and it is tough... But, I'm loving the high-intensity interval training and especially the stretches! They feel so good after thrashing your muscles.

I am definitely feeling the effort, the last 2 days I have had a stiffness to my walk... "ma'am" *tilts hat into your general direction*
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Insanity is the whole reason i am fit now, and the whole reason i want to become a personal trainer and nutritionist.
    It is hardcore, but it's so easy to modify EVERY move!

Literally, do what you can, as best as you can-and you will see results in like....2 weeks. I am on my 5th round and i have yet to get tired of it, you just consistently improve no matter how long you've been at it!
    The Fit Test is the most gratifying thing i have ever done for myself.