Salad Sabatage!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I make my own salads at lunch, but stick to the grains and vege and only a tbs of low fat dressing!
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It all comes down to common sense. If you order a plain salad with mixed greens and other veggies on top with balsamic or another type of low fat vinegrette then you shouldn't have to worry but if you're adding cheese, croutons, fried chicken strips with creamy ranch dressing then you're just asking for it.

I always plan my meals the days I know i'm going out cause lets face it the fun of eating out is to enjoy what we're eating not to sit back and force down raw spinach while everyone else aroung you is chowing down wings (unless that's what you want) there's some days where I just want to order a fattening chicken caesar salad and I already know it's one of the unhealthier ones I rarely eat it but once in a while it's nice and I love the ones they serve at Earls. I will do my best to go to the gym that morning and eat healthy low calories meals so that it allows me an extra 800 cals and if I go over by another 200 then it won't harm me so long as I continue onto my routine the next day. It's all about balance and being aware of what's in your food.
  • smartipants
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for the info!
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It's not the 'salad' thats the killer, it all the other stuff they add to it. The only salads I eat out are from a salad bar where I can help myself and make the right choices. My side salad last time I went out was 90 cal for a huge bowl!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That's a big eye opener!!! Especially the apple bees being supposedly "weight watchers " that's just crazy! I do eat salads but I make em myself & r full of veggies & light dressing! Thanx for posting! :-)
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Well, that's one good thing about living in ND. The only restaurant on your list that we have is Applebees.