What some low calorie snacks in stores?

I live in Canada so lots of variety

Replies

• ejoliver1991
    ejoliver1991 Posts: 9 Member
    I love roasted seaweed snacks! They're only about 20-30 calories per pack, and the salt on them usually satisfies my cravings for something salty. I've found that they're hit or miss with most people, though. People I know who have tried them either love them or hate them.

Dried coconut chips are also good if I am craving something sweet instead.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Fudgesicle s -80 calories each
    Good Thins crackers - 20 g is 80 cal
    Laughing cow cheese lite - 25 cal
    Sugar free jello - 20 calls for a cup
    Sugar free pudding - 60 cals
    O fat Greek yogurt with fresh fruit
    Veggies and fruit
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    The laughing cow cheese triangles are quite good. Just 50 calories for 2 triangles of cheese, and that's not the low fat flavour. My favorite is jelapeno. Right now I have 2 triagles once a week, with a bag of Quest Nacho Cheese flavored protein chips 140 calories a bag and only 4 net carbs. Together they are a guilty pleasure.

Also berries.. Strawberries, black berries, and raspberries are my go to every day.

What do you consider low cal?
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    I'm a huge fan of the 130 calorie packs of Goldfish. Those come in 6 packs.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    you dont have to buy 'low calorie snacks'. All you will be doing is paying more for marketing and convenience with prepackaged items.

get a food scale if you don't have one. I will buy popcorn and portion it out in baggies and write the weight on it.

fruits, veg, yogurt. Pudding cups are only 100 calories. Lots of ice cream or frozen yogurt choices are lower in calorie (or just weigh out a portion). The weight watchers fudge bars are actually really good and around or under 100 calories. crackers (portioned out) or veg with laughing cow cheeses. sometimes ill have graham crackers with just a bit of peanut butter on it (just weigh it all out)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Macadamia, pecans, and brazil nuts are quite yummy... However, these must be portioned out or it's way to easy to over indulge. Currently working on a bag of Macadamia's at just 0.75 ounces per day at about 150 calories Monday through Friday.

• FitAgainBy55
    FitAgainBy55 Posts: 179 Member
    My favorite snack is no snack :smile:

I prefer to eating larger meals rather than snacking. You can train your body to expect snacks and expect to eat 5 or 6 times per day or you can train your body to expect 2 or 3 larger meals. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to get used to the change and after that you'll not get hungry for a snack.
  • Jennliftsandspins
    Jennliftsandspins Posts: 150 Member
    My favourite low cal snacks (also in Canada):
    -fresh berries topped with plain Greek yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon.
    -carrots dipped in hummus.
    -celery with cream cheese and capers.
    -apple slices and a few cashews.
    -for a treat, PC Blue Menu Greek Yogurt or Skyr frozen bars.
  • lukeruss
    lukeruss Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2021
    Beef Jerky its almost all protein and low in calories
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Ranch *seasoning* with veggies. It's about 5 calories per teaspoon or something, and tossed onto veggies you get the flavor of the dip/dressing without the calories. It's high sodium, but one of my favorite things for just wanting something crunchy and to be chewing. Pretty good addition to airpopped popcorn too.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    My snacks are generally whole foods or things I portion out, rather than the pre-packaged items. For example, a go-to snack for me is a piece of fruit and some lunch meat (not "Great" for you, but still a great source of protein), cottage cheese or Greek yogurt. One thing I like to do is put some fruit into plain Greek yogurt, add just a bit of light Hershey's chocolate syrup and maybe a few toasted walnuts.

For a quick, low-cal snack when I just need a tiny bit to tide me over, Wasa crispbreads or okay. They're not very flavorful, but I think that's kind of the point :D . Plus, you can always dip into cottage cheese, add a bit of peanut butter or cream cheese.