What should I do with mini-muffin papers?

amandaeve
amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
Someone gifted me a pile of mini-muffin papers. I don't have a mini-muffin tin and don't really care to buy one. I don't want to waste the papers, though. Any suggestions? Does anyone have any ideas of things I can make, maybe they can hold their own in? I do have a silicone egg bite tray for the Instant Pot. Maybe I could use that somehow?

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Regift them!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I use muffin cups as separators in my lunch boxes, as my prep containers are just glass squares with no dividers - every so often I'll pack myself an "adult Lunchable," with cold cuts, cheese, crackers, maybe some nuts or snack-size fruit/veg. Paper will probably absorb moisture from things like cold cuts, but you could use them for dry goods like crackers or nuts.

They would also probably be good for holding small snacks like date-based or peanut-butter-based energy bites, if you want to make some of those.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Use it as measured spice holder when cooking
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    I sometimes make doughnut holes in the air fryer with a yeast based doughnut dough and use silicon mini muffin cups to keep them separate. If I didn't have the silicon mini muffin cups I would use paper ones if they are safe to a 200C temperature.

I normally start them in the mini muffin forms. Once they are solid take them out of the forms, shake in a plastic bag with a little oil and return to the air fryer for even browning.
  • The313
    The313 Posts: 3,145 Member
    We use them to separate bite size energy bites, protein bites or homemade lara bar type bites. They stack up nicely in a tupperware then and don't get mushy or stuck together. :)
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    I've used them to hold ketchup for dipping, in a pinch 😀 .... They could be used for condiments when you need a variety of dips and sprinkles?
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    I use them over the holidays for Peanut butter balls or rum balls. Perfect to hold one ball...or cut fudge.