Scams

Options
Is it only me but I started reusing this app a couple of weeks ago and it seems the only friend requests I get are from scam artists. I'd like to get ones from people who actually post what they eat, and exchange tips. It is really frustrating 😤

Replies

• ginamyrmel
    ginamyrmel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling like I'm alone in this lifestyle change. I know there are many out there who are struggling like I am, but I rarely get friend requests. Maybe it's my age - 69.
  • MissBraeBee
    MissBraeBee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well, almost all of my friends on here are very supporting and exchange tips, I dont know if you can see them but they added me from a post I commented on. There is a couple of posts specifically to add people on here, might try that, hell why not add people too? :)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Is it only me but I started reusing this app a couple of weeks ago and it seems the only friend requests I get are from scam artists. I'd like to get ones from people who actually post what they eat, and exchange tips. It is really frustrating 😤

Take the bull by the horns and start reaching out to people. Don't wait for them to come to you. Stick around and observe those with your goals in mind and hit them up with a friend request.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,584 Member
    Options
    ginamyrmel wrote: »
    I'm feeling like I'm alone in this lifestyle change. I know there are many out there who are struggling like I am, but I rarely get friend requests. Maybe it's my age - 69.
    I accept all friend requests.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• MissBraeBee
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    ginamyrmel wrote: »
    I accept all friend requests.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You also give great tips!
  • nogymhero
    nogymhero Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wonder if some of the older, inactive accounts have been hacked because I've seen NSFW pics on accounts that have been around for several years. MFP had a password hack a few years back so it's possible that there are scammers using abandoned accounts.
  • MissBraeBee
    Options
    nogymhero wrote: »
    I wonder if some of the older, inactive accounts have been hacked because I've seen NSFW pics on accounts that have been around for several years. MFP had a password hack a few years back so it's possible that there are scammers using abandoned accounts.

Yes, MFP had an info leak on 2018, people who didnt change their password got hacked.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,736 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi everyone,

MFP staff are aware of the issue and are working on it. If you have time and are willing, please copy and paste the username into this thread (please don't copy/paste the inappropriate pictures):

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10823596/report-scammers-creeps-and-other-issues/

I am compiling a list of names for MFP staff to check, and keeping them in one thread really helps.

Thanks,
    Sugar
    MFP Moderator
This discussion has been closed.