morning or evening workouts ?

Options
i hate doing a weight workout then a cardio one , one after the other or cardio then weight

but i not mind doing one in the morning and one at night .
which is best to in the mornings and best for night time ?

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I don't think it makes any difference at all.... as long as you're doing something, you're doing the right thing.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I would do cardio in the morning.... because it is energizing and gets those 'feel great' endorphins going, which just gets me in a fantastic mood all day. Then weights at night, so that I have all night to recover. I know... very scientific! :tongue:
  • BigMamaDiva
    Options
    I do any workout Im going to do first thing in the AM or I know I wont do them lol
  • pmjensen
    Options
    I can't stand cardio workouts (i.e. my Couch to 5K workouts) in the evening after work. I only do them if I have no other choice. I feel so sluggish from the day and food.
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I agree cardio early and weights later! its just easier for me that way with schedules and energy levels
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I think it is what ever works best for you. Because if you are unhappy with your schedule than you will find excuses not to do them. Enjoy your exercise time!
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I agree with cardio in the morning, simply for the factor at night you want to slow everything down. Preparing the body for sleep. You burst out some cardio your body is going to want to keep you awake and do stuff, rather than relax and shut down. At the same time tho Strength training to late at night will also have adverse effects. Personally Id go for some cardio in the morning, and strength training around 5-6pm that way you still have time to let the body relax, after your strength training soak in a hot bath, will easy the muscles and allow the repair to begin :-)