Anyone have a favorite C25k app?

I am willing to pay for a good one.

Replies

• Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    I used the free NHS c25k app. I found it very good - and got me running 5k non stop in the planned time.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    I really liked “Zombies run 5k” by sixtostart. (Free).
    It guides you through the C25k training but there is also an evolving story in the gaps between instructions. Kept my mind busy during the runs, which made them seem easier / shorter.
  • ninasnonsense
    ninasnonsense Posts: 39 Member
    KNoceros wrote: »
    I really liked “Zombies run 5k” by sixtostart. (Free).
    It guides you through the C25k training but there is also an evolving story in the gaps between instructions. Kept my mind busy during the runs, which made them seem easier / shorter.

I'm on week 5 of this and I'm really enjoying it. It does hit a pay wall at week 4, but you'll know if it's for you by then and it's not too expensive.
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    I use the free one from NHS too - only, instead of the actual app, I downloaded the audio files into my phone. It has worked very well for me and I find Laura's voice soothing and encouraging at the same time. :)
  • Girlheidi
    Girlheidi Posts: 60 Member
    GummiMundi wrote: »
    I use the free one from NHS too - only, instead of the actual app, I downloaded the audio files into my phone. It has worked very well for me and I find Laura's voice soothing and encouraging at the same time. :)

Did exactly the same. The nhs one is great.
    Laura's voice was great and I really enjoyed shouting obscenities at her when it was tough! In the privacy of my own home on the treadmill!
    I did it entirely on the treadmill and then moved outside and did parkruns.

You CAN do it!
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Girlheidi wrote: »
    GummiMundi wrote: »

Did exactly the same. The nhs one is great.
    Laura's voice was great and I really enjoyed shouting obscenities at her when it was tough! In the privacy of my own home on the treadmill!
    I did it entirely on the treadmill and then moved outside and did parkruns.

You CAN do it!

My first time was done entirely outside, during summer, so it was hard. Second and third times were a mix between outside and treadmill. I'm waiting for the current lockdown to be over so I can do it a fourth time, and it'll probably be outside again because I'm craving fresh air. ;)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Zen labs C25k. It was free when I used it.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    I have the Run Double C25k app. It was free for the first couple of rounds and then I paid for $3 version that gives you the rest of the rounds plus ALL of their other options plus any future runs that they come out with.
  • lukeruss
    lukeruss Posts: 34 Member
    I like Zen Labs its free I can use it on my smart watch and it has follow on programs for 10km and half marathon
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Another vote for Zen labs. I don't run in the winter so every spring I re-start C25K. I've done their C210K too.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Also for Zen labs! My partner has done it a couple times outdoors and loves it, two thumbs up from him. I myself just finished week 6 of my first round of C25k (I never thought I could ever run because of my knees) and also really love their version. I am doing it indoors as our weather here in Manitoba this time of year is way to cold for me. I love that I can keep it open on my treadmill and not pay too much attention other than colour change on the screen and vibrations to stay in my groove listening to music or watching t.v.