Weight Loss Incentives?

Options
What kind of weight loss goal incentives do you have?

For example, when I hit 225lb, I think I will get my nose pierced.

Do these work for you?

Replies

• whatwentwrong
    Options
    250- going to see 2 of my best friends across the country. i told my friend this last night and she freaked out and started planning (i plan on hitting this goal in over a year), so now my incentive is that i'll make her really sad if i stop dieting :(
  • heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    Off, that is a great goal!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    How about NOT getting your nose pierced as a reward.
    Sorry for the sarcasm, just expressing my personal preference.
    Its great you are motivated.
  • athenawho
    Options

To each his own...
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to start buying nice cloths that I can actually keep. My wardrobe is rather lacking at the moment. What little I do have right now is either too big on me, or super cheap.
  • MissKittyrina
    Options
    Me too....new clothes!!! My husband stopped letting me buy new clothes simply because I gained too much weight (he has weird ways of giving incentive) so right now I don't like leaving the house because I look like Baby Huey whenever I leave the house. He won't let me buy more until my clothes are too big!
  • heybrit
    Options
    I can't wait to have a wardrobe of clothes I won't be embarrassed to wear!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    to get back into my Hugo Boss suit (size 14). It's gorgeous and I want to wear it again.
  • marzahl68
    Options
    To buy size 10 Levi's 501
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Everytime I lose 10 pounds I have an incentive and reward. I got a massage, a couple of trips, pedicure, new camera and clothes so far! I am looking forward to losing lots more!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    my incentive is that I will be really thin xD One thing I have been doing, however, is when I feel accomplished I have bought stuff I have wanted for months...although I was gonna buy anyways ^^ Like I hit 100 pounds, so I bought circle lenses and bb cream and face masks :D I'm actually wearing one pair in my profile pic :D

i think it will be a great day when u get ur nose pierced...although i haven't said "when i hit this weight i will do this," I did similar, and it has been working great. The circle lenses just give me that extra motivation to continue :D
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I don't think that was sarcasm since you directly said what you meant lol...
  • glynissharpe
    glynissharpe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I want to loose my post pregnancy belly. And fit in my normal cloths. so, shopping is my biggest incentive right now...
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    To me, there is no greater reward than good health. I don't really need material goods for motivation and I don't want to depend on them. What if I got a new notebook for every A I got in school? I am not losing weight for an item. I am doing it because I want to improve my health, and I want to prove to myself that I am capable of achieving my goals.
    Though it's not my main reason to lose weight, I admit that I have a wardrobe full of smaller clothes that used to fit me. It will save some money if I could fit into them.
  • heybrit
    Options
    To me, there is no greater reward than good health. I don't really need material goods for motivation and I don't want to depend on them. What if I got a new notebook for every A I got in school? I am not losing weight for an item. I am doing it because I want to improve my health, and I want to prove to myself that I am capable of achieving my goals.
    Though it's not my main reason to lose weight, I admit that I have a wardrobe full of smaller clothes that used to fit me. It will save some money if I could fit into them.

I really like your analogy! I never thought of it that way. I'm not a material person either but I thought that working for something and using it as a reward may be more beneficial than just "giving" it to myself. But the best reward will definitely be my health!
  • hannahmayr30
    hannahmayr30 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 30 lbs so on Sat. I'm getting my hair done then going shopping for a new outfit for a night out with the girls! When I reach my goal weight I'm getting new tatas!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Mine, probably not the best, but if I have lost over 2 or more pounds in a week, I get a pepperoni stick. Its kinda like stromboli, but no sauce. Not that healthy, but it makes me happy. 5 weeks in a row of getting them, so I must be doing something right!