Strength training results

Options
I want to start a strength training program, I don't have a lot of weight to lose, maybe 15lbs and after I get leaner, I will probably re-assess my goals to increase weight in muscle. I will maintain a calorie deficit for the moment and do 3 full body workouts a week using heavy (well.. heavy for me) weights.
I'm not expecting to see results right away, but if I stick to the above routine, how long do you think it will take me to see visible changes? How long did it take you? Any before/after pics for motivation?

Replies

• BlueSkies_12
    BlueSkies_12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I noticed a difference in 4 or 5 weeks, but i'm still a work in progress. I split my workout routine though, i don't do a full body/day. I do legs one day, chest and arms one day and then back and shoulders one day.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I saw results in 2 weeks and went from a size 14 to a size 6 in less than 90 days. You can see my transformation here
    www.muffintopnomore.com
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Well it really depends on what your heavy weight lifting means Hon. Full Body to one person is different to somebody else. It also depends on what type of results you consider are results.

Make sure you plan these workout sessions beforehand. Maybe find a few free routines online to follow, those tend to do well. Also, if you plan to work 3 or so times a week lifting weights, you can't really do HEAVY weights all three times because you wont give your muscles time to repair themselves. Depending on how many times you plan to lift weights, split your body up into sections. 2x's? Upper vs Lower Body. 3x's? Back and Abs, Legs and booty then arms and shoulders (or however you so choose). Of course, you will have to use these muscles during the days you are working out the other section, but its much better for your muscles if you plan to INCREASE strength! otherwise, you could overwork your muscles or even hurt yourself pushing yourself through with bad form.

I wrote a book, but my experience got me a World Record in the Bench Press (WABDL association if you want to look it up!)!