Back at it

Options
Been back and forth with my fitness goals..hit 40 this year and need to commit and stick to my goals!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

What are the goals you're aiming for and how are you going to go about achieving them?
  • Smokeater08
    Smokeater08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Portion control is the big one. I'm at 242 and want to be around 210ish. I have done a yo yo with my weight my whole life.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    lshackett wrote: »
    Portion control is the big one. I'm at 242 and want to be around 210ish. I have done a yo yo with my weight my whole life.

Working on satiety can help with portion control. Find foods lower in calories that help you feel fuller longer and use them as "filler" particularly vegetables as fibre tends to be be quite filling. Experimenting with different ratios of Protein/Fat/Carbs can help too - once you have at least the recommended daily amount for Protein & Fat you should pick a ratio that suits you for the remaining calories.

I tend to prefer higher protein and moderate fat/carbs. Others find higher fat/lower carbs more beneficial.
  • BarbaraInSarnia
    BarbaraInSarnia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started at 240. First week down 7.5. Starting my second week and portion control is definately part of the solution. f you fill your plate as usual and then calculate the calories, it is an eye opener for sure.