Just started

Options
Not hugely hopeful as I've failed literally hundreds of times in the past. I'm always hungry.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Many people give up because of 1 or 2 bad days. Don't do that. You don't have to be perfect to lose weight, you just have to be more consistent than not.

Re: hunger. 1. Don't pick a weekly weight loss goal that is too aggressive. The steeper the deficit the less wiggle room you're going to have.

2. Protein, fat, and fiber are filling components BUT it's going to be a different combination for everyone. Measure and log your meals and snacks. Make a note of what is filling (for you) and what isn't. Tweak meals to find your balance. This might take some time.

3. My Fitness Pal is different from many other sites in that you get a calorie goal before exercise. When you log exercise, you are expected to eat a reasonable (estimate) of those calories back. Don't short change yourself here.
  • ej_maries
    ej_maries Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello, just checking in to see how you are doing? If you need someone to talk to or encouragement feel free to add me. I get the struggle, you are not alone ❤️
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,262 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Let yourself be hopeful. Let yourself dream. Set some goals. Work towards them. Fall down; get back up; dust yourself off; keep going!

@TeaBea shared some really good suggestions. Read those again!

What are your goals, and how can you make sure you achieve them? This is a great tool to help!