1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
2 eggs, separated
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup ground almonds
3/4 cup raspberry preserves

DIRECTIONS

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter. Gradually add 2/3 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape dough into a ball; cover and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes or until firm.

On a surface dusted with confectioners' sugar, roll half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Repeat with remaining dough, using a floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter so the center is cut out of each cookie.
Beat egg whites until frothy. Combine almonds and remaining sugar. Brush each cookie with egg white and sprinkle with the almond mixture. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Spread 2 teaspoons of raspberry preserves over the plain side of solid cookies. Place cookies with centers cut out, almond side up, on top of the preserves, making a sandwich.

FOOTNOTES

Serving Size 49 g

Amount Per Serving
Calories 200
Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9.1g14%
Saturated Fat 5.1g25%
Cholesterol 36mg12%
Sodium 87mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 27.7g9%
Dietary Fiber 0.7g3%
Sugars 15.4g
Protein 2.3g

Vitamin A 5% • Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 1% • Iron 4%

Replies

• happy_bunny1990
    Options
    INGREDIENTS

1 cup butter, softened
    1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
    2 eggs, separated
    2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    confectioners' sugar
    1/2 cup ground almonds
    3/4 cup raspberry preserves

DIRECTIONS

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter. Gradually add 2/3 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape dough into a ball; cover and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes or until firm.

On a surface dusted with confectioners' sugar, roll half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Repeat with remaining dough, using a floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter so the center is cut out of each cookie.
    Beat egg whites until frothy. Combine almonds and remaining sugar. Brush each cookie with egg white and sprinkle with the almond mixture. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Spread 2 teaspoons of raspberry preserves over the plain side of solid cookies. Place cookies with centers cut out, almond side up, on top of the preserves, making a sandwich.

FOOTNOTES

Serving Size 49 g

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 200
    Calories from Fat 82
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 9.1g14%
    Saturated Fat 5.1g25%
    Cholesterol 36mg12%
    Sodium 87mg4%
    Total Carbohydrates 27.7g9%
    Dietary Fiber 0.7g3%
    Sugars 15.4g
    Protein 2.3g

Vitamin A 5% • Vitamin C 1%
    Calcium 1% • Iron 4%
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    wow, not a light recipe.......:noway:
  • happy_bunny1990
    Options
    wow, not a light recipe.......:noway:

yes it is if you dont eat like a ton in the first serving.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    oh don't get me wrong......i'm gonna Loooooove this one. I'll make them for Easter weekend. Raspberry is my absolute favorite......I just got hung up on the butter....mmmmmmm. :laugh:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    You are the devil :devil:
    I was just talking about these with my husband this morning. It is the one pastry from my old job that I miss and I said it's spring time I bet teh lizner cookies are back.

Well I am going to have to pretend I didn't see this post and avoid my old haunts for a little bit....but thanks for letting me know I am obviously not alone in the linzer department :laugh: :wink: