Any college kids? :)

Options
Trying to lose that freshman 15, heh. Would love some support!

Replies

• annie4993
    annie4993 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm not one yet, but I'm going to college in October. Feel free to add me if you want to :)
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    College kid here! Feel free to add me :)
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    I graduated from cosmetology school in March. I'm trying to lose the 30 pounds I put on. :| lol
  • katemanning3
    katemanning3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is sad... I was a college kid but now Im a college wife and mom. lol. I gained the freshman 15 like 6 years ago in the first term and got it off by the second. I didn't live on campus though, so I am sure that helped, considering most dorms dont really have a great set up for cooking and preping your own food.

Do you live on campus? If so, do you have your own fridge and microwave?
  • katemanning3
    Options
    I graduated from cosmetology school in March. I'm trying to lose the 30 pounds I put on. :| lol

I went to cosmetology school too. I graduated in 09 but Im back in school for a Batchelors in Nursing. It's amazing how easy it was to put on weight there. Mine was right next door to a hometown buffet and all we had in the school was a candy and soda vending machine. I ate like crap there until toward the end when I went on weight watchers and brought all of my own food but I found out I was pregnant a month into that which I also blame on the school, pregnancy was in the water! There were girls that tried for years to have a baby and were told they couldn't that ended up pregnant just after starting there. lol.
  • shankleefranklee
    Options

I went to cosmetology school too. I graduated in 09 but Im back in school for a Batchelors in Nursing. It's amazing how easy it was to put on weight there. Mine was right next door to a hometown buffet and all we had in the school was a candy and soda vending machine. I ate like crap there until toward the end when I went on weight watchers and brought all of my own food but I found out I was pregnant a month into that which I also blame on the school, pregnancy was in the water! There were girls that tried for years to have a baby and were told they couldn't that ended up pregnant just after starting there. lol.

We seriously all lived on taco bell, redbulls, and vending machine food. so many people brought in baked goods, and candy and snacks. i went from 180 to over 200. in almost 2 years. like..oh that's nice. lol.
  • Jbwest21
    Jbwest21 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't live on campus, but it was my first year living alone... I think I ate ramen and off the Wendy's dollar menu more than anything. :P I've been getting used to shopping for food and all that just this year.
  • katemanning3
    Options
    Yeah, I started at 200 and went up to 227 in less than a year but got back down to 200 when I found out I was pregnant right before graduation. So, luckily I graduated at the same weight I started but it obviously didn't stay there. lol The 200 I started at was high for my normal weight, I certainly didn't want to gain more.
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    I'm in school, but don't know if I count as a "kid" anymore- I'll be 28 in a few months! :-)

I've been back in school for a month and definitely seen a decline in my exercise: when I have to choose between 30-60 minutes of working out and 30-60 minutes of studying-- studying wins!
  • katemanning3
    Options
    I don't live on campus, but it was my first year living alone... I think I ate ramen and off the Wendy's dollar menu more than anything. :P I've been getting used to shopping for food and all that just this year.

I had moved to a different state at one point during college and didn't know any body and ended up eating Jack in the box or mcdonalds the whole time because I was so busy, I was working full and overtime plus I was maxed on school credits. It was hell. The best time was my second half of my first year of school when I was living on my own with a roomate and had got all my first "I can eat everything my parents wouldn't let me eat" items out of my system and I really got into workingout and hangingout pool side all the time. At 19 I was in the best shape ever. I started working a hotel job, got out of the fastfood industry (helped a ton) and started hanging out around people that were a few years older than me that really cared about that stuff. Unlike most of the college freshman that just care about getting out of their parents house. I really didn't hang around college kids at all come to think of it. My close friends all went away to college and my closest friend was my roomate and yeah she was in college but barely. lol.

However, when i got out of the college crowd my grades did suffer, so it has it's ups and downs. I think it's good that you are trying to find other people in college that want to be on the same journey as you. That way you dont lose sight of either goal.
  • Runsforfood05
    Runsforfood05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hiii guys i'm a college student too ... and i'm new here feel free to add me :)