Yurbuds ---so worth it!!!

Options
I have been kicking myself in the butt for the last several months. When I did my very first half marathon (Dallas Rock n Roll at the end of March), I came across the Yurbuds booth at the Fitness Expo. I thought they were pretty cool, but being on a budget, I thought they were a little pricey ($50). So I passed and moved on.

Then I decided I wanted to do another half marathon (San Antonio Rock N Roll in November) and then I signed up for my third half marathon (the 1st ever Tinker Bell Half marathon at Disneyland at the end of January). Well, all this training had me thinking about my current earbuds. I've gone through different brands, trying to find something that will just stay put on my long outdoor runs and when I do my speed drills on the treadmill.

I did use the ones that hook around the ear (I was using the Skull Candy choppers) and those worked fairly well. But I'm not one of those dainty "I glisten" type of girls....I bust my butt and work up a good sweat and I wear that sweat like a badge of honor I rightfully EARNED.... My ears would sweat, too. So the earbuds would slip out, especially when I would attempt to do some speed drills. Which lets face it, that's when you need your music the MOST.

So I debated. And finally decided that the Yurbuds would be worth it. I ordered mine through Amazon, so I was able to get the pink Ironman Yubuds. They arrived on Friday, AFTER I had already run outside. Saturday was a rest day. So today, Sunday, was moment of truth. I had a 7 mile run scheduled and I was ready to put these puppies to the test.

If you have an issue with earbuds that just don't stay put, check out the website www.Yurbuds.com. They were created by athletes for athletes and are sweat and water resistant. They definitely have a unique look & feel.

So very worth it!

Replies

• FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Cool, I found some Sony over the whole ear ones that go all around the ear and they stay in! Damn headphones that won't stay in lol.. but glad to know there are other options :)
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I was just looking for a new pair of earbuds. thanks for the suggestion!!!
  • TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    cool, thanks. the wife and i are both looking for new ear phones.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I also meant to say that they stayed put the entire time...they didn't slip, slide, or budge at all and I even pulled on the cord a few times.

I'm impressed!
  • elijackson
    Options
    I really like Runphones. (runphones.com). They are built into a headband and they don't ever hurt my ears like some ear buds do. And they play double-duty by keeping the sweat out of my face.