is this correct?

Options
i just used my bodybugg for the first time today. i will be up for about 3 more hours but i wanted to see what i had burned today so i uploaded it just now. so far i have burned 2,300 calories. so in order to lose weight at a rate of 1/2lb a week i would need to eat 250calories less than this right? i know MFP creates a deficit but the bodybugg website is different. i will be using the bodybugg website to calculate calories burned but will be using MFP to calclate calories consumed so i want to make sure i am getting this right. I will take what i burn according to bodybugg and subtact 250 calories from that to calculate how much i should eat on MFP correct? lol confusing

Replies

• cathylovestim
    Options
    Where did you learn about the deficit on MFP? I've been trying to find info....
  • Jess5825
    Options
    I have a body media fit. That is what I would assume too. I have yet to actually do this yet. I don't know why I'm afraid to. On a normal working day with my exercise I can burn over 3000 calories per day. SO that would mean I would need to eat over 2000 calories per day. I wouldn't even know how to eat that much healthy food. I still am able to use the 2 lb per week loss, since I still have a bit to go. I ate a flat 1200 for so long. I've started upping my calories slowly, up to 1600 now. Right now the scale is up, but I don't weigh in til Thursday. So I'm kind of nervous to up anymore.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Yes the math is correct. A 250 cal deficit would lead to a 1/2 lb loss. I'm not sure how the bodybugg website works, but for that 1/2 lb loss you would deduct 250 from whatever your maintenance cals are.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have a body media fit. That is what I would assume too. I have yet to actually do this yet. I don't know why I'm afraid to. On a normal working day with my exercise I can burn over 3000 calories per day. SO that would mean I would need to eat over 2000 calories per day. I wouldn't even know how to eat that much healthy food. I still am able to use the 2 lb per week loss, since I still have a bit to go. I ate a flat 1200 for so long. I've started upping my calories slowly, up to 1600 now. Right now the scale is up, but I don't weigh in til Thursday. So I'm kind of nervous to up anymore.
    i know what you mean. its sometimes hard to consume that much food when you are eating healthy. if i wanted i could eat one cheeseburger and fill the gap but i am trying to eat healthy food! i was not losing any weight so i changed my goals to loss 1/2lb a week as i only have 10lbs to go
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    There really isn't anything inherently unhealthy about a cheeseburger. Protein, calcium, fat, carbs, iron, as long as it fits in your macros and calorie total, nothing wrong with eating it once in a while.:tongue: