Hello All

Options
cyfehr76
cyfehr76 Posts: 45 Member
I decided to join this since I have been working remotely (like many) since March of 2020. Therefore moving around the company floor on foot isn't happening at all. 10K steps were easy at work, but at home... not as easy. I have always run (2-3 miles, twice a week) and still have through the pandemic, but these extra hours of sitting on my a#$ is what's eating me up. I am only looking to lose 12 lbs. and even 5 lbs. lately has been a challenge. I'm 45 so age could be a part of it. I've been working out 25 mins/day 4-5 (running, full body workouts, and kickboxing) day/week. I have found that this boredom eating is the cause and this MFP app has helped and it's only day two. I believe this is all phycological and you have to train your brain to reverse these habits. I always new this App would help, just had to pull the trigger. I hope everyone else is doing well. -Chad

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Many of us here have had to find more ways to get activity into our day since we've been at home. In addition to my regular exercise, I try to take a mid-day walk when weather permits (this also helps me clear my brain between video meetings).
  • cyfehr76
    cyfehr76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Many of us here have had to find more ways to get activity into our day since we've been at home. In addition to my regular exercise, I try to take a mid-day walk when weather permits (this also helps me clear my brain between video meetings).

I just got back from a 2.5 mile run with my GSP dog. That's one advantage that I don't have at work is running and getting sweaty over lunchtime. You can't shower at my work. The mid-day walk is my after-work walk before dinner. Also eating before 6pm is my goal. Thanks for the response :)
  • moorea26
    moorea26 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    cyfehr76 wrote: »
    I decided to join this since I have been working remotely (like many) since March of 2020. Therefore moving around the company floor on foot isn't happening at all. 10K steps were easy at work, but at home... not as easy. I have always run (2-3 miles, twice a week) and still have through the pandemic, but these extra hours of sitting on my a#$ is what's eating me up. I am only looking to lose 12 lbs. and even 5 lbs. lately has been a challenge. I'm 45 so age could be a part of it. I've been working out 25 mins/day 4-5 (running, full body workouts, and kickboxing) day/week. I have found that this boredom eating is the cause and this MFP app has helped and it's only day two. I believe this is all phycological and you have to train your brain to reverse these habits. I always new this App would help, just had to pull the trigger. I hope everyone else is doing well. -Chad

The boredom can be a real killer and was for me and likely millions of others. Wishing you all of the luck. I too am starting with a 10-12lb goal.