What are you willing to do...?

Options
A long, long, longlonglong time ago, I used to do Weight Watchers. Out of all the meetings I attended, one thing really stuck with me. The moderator asked us, "What are you willing to do THIS week to lose weight?". This really struck home with me for two reasons. First, because the stuff I did last week lost me last week's weight. But this was a NEW week, which meant I needed to make a new change and lose a new bad habit to continue to progress. Second, because it sounded so short and finite. A WEEK? I can make one small change in order to lose weight this week. That sounds better than: CHANGE YOUR ENTIRE LIFESTYLE FOREVER RIGHT NOW! Sunday is my favorite day to decide on what change I am willing to make in exchange for a pound or two. This week, I pledge not to eat a single meal in front of the television. What are you willing to do?

Replies

• lbn23
    Options
    I am willing to walk for 200 minutes at 3.5 mph pace.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    walk my dogs twice a day
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to cut out taking bites or a piece of anything that I can't actually record instead of just inputting an arbitrary quick calories.

gotta stop taking a bite here and there. Only did it the past two days but I know It will add up.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Now that it is too cool for me to swim in the evenings, I am going to start walking every day during my lunch hour. 30 min for lunch, 30 min for walking
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to spend 100 miles with my *kitten* in the saddle of my bike.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Eat more whole foods and less processed foods. Less sweets too.
  • lwhitman4
    lwhitman4 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to be sore the following morning from whatever physical exertion I've put upon myself in order to get healthy!

(Dear Knees, I apologize in advance. Love, Lisa)

:)
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Cut out frozen meals of any sort
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to run a 25K race next Saturday!! I am also willing to try to beat last year's time of 4:15. If all goes well, I should be able to do it in under 4 hours!! :bigsmile:
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

Our poor knees (and/or shins) always seem to take the brunt of our decisions, don't they?
  • wonderific
    Options
    I'm willing to cut out taking bites or a piece of anything that I can't actually record instead of just inputting an arbitrary quick calories.

gotta stop taking a bite here and there. Only did it the past two days but I know It will add up.

I'm so bad about that.
    I'm willing to stop walking into the kitchen every 5 minutes when I know I'm not hungry.
  • lwhitman4
    lwhitman4 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Our poor knees (and/or shins) always seem to take the brunt of our decisions, don't they?

I have an unhealthy relationship with ibuprofen which I blame my knees for. Well, not unhealthy, but still. Just looking forward to the day when my weight's back down so that playing catcher in a softball double-header doesn't send me walking like I'm 60!
  • letoya
    letoya Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am willing to stay up the extra 30-45 minutes at night to be sure i have healthy snacks and a healthy lunch ready for the next day and my workout gear is ready!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I feel like some of your "resolutions" are going to turn into mine for next week...