Ravenous!

Options
I have been running about 4 times a week, and since I have done this I seem to be hungry all the time! I just can't seem to get full! Is this normal?

Replies

• NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? If not, then you have to. You work a lot more muscles when you run, so your body is probably needing extra calories to keep it going.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Absolutely normal!

Get a HRM and start eating back at least half or better yet, all of your exercise calories.

Great job with the running!

D
  • gmrgirl
    gmrgirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    without looking at *what* you are eating, Id have to agree that you may not be eating enough (like others have said, eat your exercise calories).

Take a look at your fiber as well, make sure you are having some fiber (veggies) often. I would recommend every meal if you can. The fiber will help keep you full. protein will do similar.

Running is firing your metabolism into high gear. Feed it properly to keep the engine burning!
  • strongwoman84
    strongwoman84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am eating my exercise calories back. Is there a best time to eat those?
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    your food diary isn't public, but I'm guessing you're eating too many foods that digest quickly, thus making you hungry quicker. you should be eating lean protein throughout the day. for carbs, eat those that have a low glycemic index value as they digest slower and don't create cravings. limit processed foods. drink at least 100 ounces of water a day.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    without looking at *what* you are eating, Id have to agree that you may not be eating enough (like others have said, eat your exercise calories).

Take a look at your fiber as well, make sure you are having some fiber (veggies) often. I would recommend every meal if you can. The fiber will help keep you full. protein will do similar.

Running is firing your metabolism into high gear. Feed it properly to keep the engine burning!

You should also make sure you're eating a lot of protein, your muscles need it! The MFP recommendation for protein is low so don't worry about going over.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I am eating my exercise calories back. Is there a best time to eat those?

Incorporate them into meals and snacks throughout the day. Estimate your calorie burn and plan your meals and snacks accordingly.