Share your quarantine success stories!

Replies

• creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    edited March 2021
    When coronavirus started I was overweight and extremely insecure. With all the newfound free time I decided to make a change and take control of my health before college. I started eating better and working out regularly (thank you Chloe Ting). I started at 194.6 (a size 12ish) and I’m now 138 (a size 2)! I lost 56 lbs over 8 months and I feel great! I’m way more confident and am trying to build muscle now. I’m starting to see some ab definition! Thanks for listening!

DAMN GIRL!!! Great job!!!
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    mpkpbk2015 wrote: »
    Why someone disagree with what I said is totally confusing to me and hurtful. So if you come back and read this at least say what your disagreeing to or about.

The general consensus is that we have one or more peevish serial disagree-ers. Don't pay any attention to them. Honestly, I don't know why there even exists a Disagree option outside of the Debate forum. I roll my eyes every time someone disagrees on any 'share your opinion/experience' thread. Makes no sense. 🙄

• lorimill1973
    lorimill1973 Posts: 22 Member
    I kept running. When I was originally sent to work from home (and foolishly thought at the time thought it would only be for a few weeks), I debated giving myself a break from my morning run and sleeping an hour later since I wouldn’t have my commute. Decided it was probably best to keep up my routine so I wouldn’t fall off track. So glad I did that! In the past year, I’ve doubled my daily mileage (thereby increasing my “bonus” calories available) and managed to finally lose 4 of the 8 pounds I had left before I hit my goal weight. Only 4 more lbs to go!
  • jtwesttx
    jtwesttx Posts: 6 Member

When coronavirus started I was overweight and extremely insecure. With all the newfound free time I decided to make a change and take control of my health before college. I started eating better and working out regularly (thank you Chloe Ting). I started at 194.6 (a size 12ish) and I’m now 138 (a size 2)! I lost 56 lbs over 8 months and I feel great! I’m way more confident and am trying to build muscle now. I’m starting to see some ab definition! Thanks for listening!

WOW! Amazing and encouraging! Great job!
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited July 2021
    Great stories. Im in my late 60s. Hip replacement surgery Jul/19 kept me sedentary. COVID quarantine hit our area Mar/20 so in July/20 I made my mind up that I was going “come out” of the quarantine, healthier than ever. Had a bit of a stall as I had cataract surgery Oct/20; both eyes, which allowed me to give up my glasses and but kept me sedentary. I still continued mindful eating and have a weight release, as of today 20#. I started a 90 Fitness Walking Program Feb/21 and haven’t looked back. My weight release has been stable for 3 months, I would like to release another 9# however, I’m feeling well, and that what counts. My cholesterol and triglycerides have decreased by 11%. My journey is about inside outside wellness. One can not buy health. B)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!