Accomplishments...

Options
I've been with MFP since April and I've been serious about training since June and no I am not going to talk about how I've dropped weight, because in all actuality I've dropped 3lbs. And no, I'm not going to brag about my awesome 26inch lost or the fact that I"m almost in a size 8 (ok, one skirt fits in a size 8 - so I can't claim to be there yet!)!

I am however going to tell you guys how excited I am about something more important to me... strength training!

Seriously, back in June I could BARELY lift the 5lb dumb bells at the gym for a full set and pushing 90lbs on the leg press was NOT going to happen (well in retrospect I think I was able to push it up 2X)!

After focusing more on strength training and less on boring cardio for the past few months, there are the results that I have seen:
This past Saturday I noticed that I was bored with the 15lb dumb bells AND today I was easily pushing 180lbs on the leg press. I am toning up like crazy and it is all because of this stupid site that over half of my "real" friends make fun of! Just having you guys around to support my progress is what is motivating me to keep going!

Thank you guys!

Replies

• schlabetsy
    Options
    Great work! I'm doing Insanity and haven't really seen the scale move like I hoped I would. BUT I do have more toned thighs and I am so close to doing real pushups it's great. Sometimes the scale just isn't enough. I'm really proud of myself.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Isn't it GREAT??!! :happy: Congrats!!
  • suzukigurl
    Options
    That fantastic!! I started doing the same and am now in a smaller size in just 2 weeks.............thanks for being my friend and for you motivation :flowerforyou:
  • schlabetsy
    Options
    I'm giving up on the scale and focusing on eating right (below calorie goal) and burning calories (getting in shape for my 10K October 29). The scale is just going to have to get over it. "We are on a break." Thank you Ross & Rachel.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!