Protein shake recommendations?

Options
Store bought? home made? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• CVALGAL
    CVALGAL Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've just started using Herbalife shake mixes. They are loaded with vitamins and protein. and they are Delicious! There's all kinds of recipes with just the vanilla formula. I would highly recommend this! I bought it at a local fitness shop.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i just discovered light muscle milk yesterday! it is so YUMMY
  • sjennings12
    Options
    For quick and easily transportable option: Special K protein shakes. They are delish and honestly filling! I just tried them last week and had one for lunch three days in a row- was shocked that I was actually satisfied until dinner.
  • RJSuperMan
    RJSuperMan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What are you using it for? I'm using Mygusion to build muscle/strength.
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Reclaim Smart Smoothie from Complete Nutrition. I love the chocolate, vanilla, and mochaccino.
  • evolmeka
    Options
    I use GNC Lean Shakes and GNC Pro Performance Lean Muscle Shakes (they are identical just different packaging). Sooo good with 25 grams of protein per serving.
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Depends on if your are using or weight training,meal replacement or what. Im addicted to the Special K ones. They all taste good and filling. I love the Muscle Milk.For weight training I use one from GNC.
  • FlyFishinX2
    Options
    What are you using it for? I'm using Mygusion to build muscle/strength.

for now I want to use it just because I've been lacking in the protein category but eventually I do want to start toning/building muscle
  • FlyFishinX2
    Options
    is there a problem with store bought ones being loaded with sugar like the alleged vitamin waters?
  • LoveHoodies
    Options
    I like (no, I don't like it, but I use it, lol) Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein. 24g of protein, only 1g of sugar. It does contain soy and milk. I can find it for around $20 for a 2lb container.

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/100-whey-gold-standard-p-201.html

I think it tastes like crap, but I've tried several different protein shakes and I think they all taste like crap so I just ignore that part. I tend to make them into bars, helps the flavor.
  • bonogul
    bonogul Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    check out gnc ready to drink total lean shake, I really like swiss chocolate one. It has 25 grams of protein and 170 cals. Its a great snack. But if you want to use it to replace a meal, I would drink 2 of them. It about $7 dollars for 4 bottles:-)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    3 best tasting proteins

XF ultra peptide 2.0 (cinn roll, lemon creme pie)
    Myofusion (choc, banana)
    Trutein (choc pb cup)
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I use the Muscletech Premium Whey. I mix it with half a cup of unsweetend Almond milk and half a cup of water. Every now and then I throw in half a banana to add some carbs and and additional potassium beyond what i get from the almond milk.

Without the banana it is about 140 calories, 21g of protein, 3g fat, 10g carbs.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    3 best tasting proteins

XF ultra peptide 2.0 (cinn roll, lemon creme pie)
    Myofusion (choc, banana)
    Trutein (choc pb cup)

all taste great in water, better in milk and i use it to make sludges and fluffs and mix it with greek yogurt
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I've been using Jillian Michaels Whey Protein. I'm using the Triple Chocolate one and it's great! I use two scoops, one cup of water and one cup of milk in mine. But you can put peanut butter in there to help w/ flavors.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Not sure if you have a kmart by you but I use Smart Sense(Kmart store brand) whey protein chocolate and vanilla flavors. They are very tasty I use it with almond milk or coconut milk. Vanilla I add frozen fruit, chocolate I add instant coffee and a little tsp of peanut butter! Yummy!!!