Protein shake recommendations?

Store bought? home made? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• CVALGAL
    CVALGAL Posts: 108 Member
    I've just started using Herbalife shake mixes. They are loaded with vitamins and protein. and they are Delicious! There's all kinds of recipes with just the vanilla formula. I would highly recommend this! I bought it at a local fitness shop.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    i just discovered light muscle milk yesterday! it is so YUMMY
  • For quick and easily transportable option: Special K protein shakes. They are delish and honestly filling! I just tried them last week and had one for lunch three days in a row- was shocked that I was actually satisfied until dinner.
  • RJSuperMan
    RJSuperMan Posts: 52 Member
    What are you using it for? I'm using Mygusion to build muscle/strength.
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Reclaim Smart Smoothie from Complete Nutrition. I love the chocolate, vanilla, and mochaccino.
  • I use GNC Lean Shakes and GNC Pro Performance Lean Muscle Shakes (they are identical just different packaging). Sooo good with 25 grams of protein per serving.
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Depends on if your are using or weight training,meal replacement or what. Im addicted to the Special K ones. They all taste good and filling. I love the Muscle Milk.For weight training I use one from GNC.
  • What are you using it for? I'm using Mygusion to build muscle/strength.

for now I want to use it just because I've been lacking in the protein category but eventually I do want to start toning/building muscle
  • is there a problem with store bought ones being loaded with sugar like the alleged vitamin waters?
  • I like (no, I don't like it, but I use it, lol) Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein. 24g of protein, only 1g of sugar. It does contain soy and milk. I can find it for around $20 for a 2lb container.

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/100-whey-gold-standard-p-201.html

I think it tastes like crap, but I've tried several different protein shakes and I think they all taste like crap so I just ignore that part. I tend to make them into bars, helps the flavor.
  • bonogul
    bonogul Posts: 96 Member
    check out gnc ready to drink total lean shake, I really like swiss chocolate one. It has 25 grams of protein and 170 cals. Its a great snack. But if you want to use it to replace a meal, I would drink 2 of them. It about $7 dollars for 4 bottles:-)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    3 best tasting proteins

XF ultra peptide 2.0 (cinn roll, lemon creme pie)
    Myofusion (choc, banana)
    Trutein (choc pb cup)
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    I use the Muscletech Premium Whey. I mix it with half a cup of unsweetend Almond milk and half a cup of water. Every now and then I throw in half a banana to add some carbs and and additional potassium beyond what i get from the almond milk.

Without the banana it is about 140 calories, 21g of protein, 3g fat, 10g carbs.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    3 best tasting proteins

XF ultra peptide 2.0 (cinn roll, lemon creme pie)
    Myofusion (choc, banana)
    Trutein (choc pb cup)

all taste great in water, better in milk and i use it to make sludges and fluffs and mix it with greek yogurt
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 425 Member
    I've been using Jillian Michaels Whey Protein. I'm using the Triple Chocolate one and it's great! I use two scoops, one cup of water and one cup of milk in mine. But you can put peanut butter in there to help w/ flavors.
  • Not sure if you have a kmart by you but I use Smart Sense(Kmart store brand) whey protein chocolate and vanilla flavors. They are very tasty I use it with almond milk or coconut milk. Vanilla I add frozen fruit, chocolate I add instant coffee and a little tsp of peanut butter! Yummy!!!