What are your non-food rewards?

Options
I need non-food related reward ideas. Right now my rewards are cheat days and bubble tea. This isn't going to help me get to goal so I need some inspiration please!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Running shoes, new tights with pockets, phone carrier...Basically any kind of workout gear that helps me and keeps me motivated.
  • Whatsthemotive
    Whatsthemotive Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    DIY spa day.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    As to something to ingest, I do like a well flavored fizzy water. I currently have a Costco pack of crystal geyser in the garage. I put one in the fridge when I feel an urge for it.

Mostly, I prefer workout gear, though. If I do enough Just Dance 2020 to get sick if it, I get to download Just Dance 2021, so that I don't have to switch out the game cards between that and Ring Fit. If I ride my bike enough to figure out it needs something, I can get it. When bike shop clothes fit me, I am getting bike shorts and a cute bike shirt.

But for actual weight milestones, I just do a jaunty jig and get on with things.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Jeans that fit.

They're expensive. My sizes have changed a lot. I use a belt a lot but every once in a while I let myself buy a new pair that will stay up without being pleated by the belt and I stop feeling like a slob for a while. It's very nice.

(But also, yes, workout gear. My gift to myself when I get to a 'normal' BMI, even the very top end, is going to be the *NICE* running shoes.)
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    (But also, yes, a freaking brownie and eating at maintenance for a week)
  • Hatsheput
    Hatsheput Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Clothes generally for me
  • dolcepuku
    dolcepuku Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As to something to ingest, I do like a well flavored fizzy water. I currently have a Costco pack of crystal geyser in the garage. I put one in the fridge when I feel an urge for it.

Mostly, I prefer workout gear, though. If I do enough Just Dance 2020 to get sick if it, I get to download Just Dance 2021, so that I don't have to switch out the game cards between that and Ring Fit. If I ride my bike enough to figure out it needs something, I can get it. When bike shop clothes fit me, I am getting bike shorts and a cute bike shirt.

But for actual weight milestones, I just do a jaunty jig and get on with things.

I do a lot of fizzy water too. We have a brand here in Canada that does Root Bear, Ginger Ale, and Cream Soda so I can get the taste of a soda without all the negative affects.
  • dolcepuku
    dolcepuku Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    I focus on other areas of self care, my list includes:

New clothes I feel good wearing
    A massage
    A facial
    A Day off work and a Netflix binge
    A new great pair of shoes running or heels I love both
    A day I can sleep in as long as I want

I know you said non food but I will occasionally add opening a bottle of my favorite wine. I can no only drink max 2 glasses before I feel it pretty good so it’s easy to moderate and keep in my calorie budget.

A day off of work is an awesome reward. I didn't take a day in 2020 because what was I going to do and where was I going to go. Taking a day off to lounge sounds like a perfect reward for losing weight! Thank you!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Cute workout clothes or workout gear in general seems to be a trend with me.
    Im thinking about a spa day though. Im in terrible need of a massage.😊
    And I also keep a sexy outfit hanging in the closet for motivation, so when I hit a goal, I get to wear it.
  • 19KCMama
    19KCMama Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Makeup, new bra’s (they’re expensive and it feels good to replace old ones), new clothes, shoes, facial creams/oil, perfume.

I always do something that makes me feel special and pampered.
  • carabelle207
    carabelle207 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Buying myself flowers when I go grocery shopping.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a new black and white graphic sports bra as a reward for sticking to my exercise program for 3 weeks. Consistency is the problem for me so it’s going pretty well. I figure next time I don’t feel like working out I’ll wear my new bra! 😆 That will get my butt in gear!
  • Mattphilly1980
    Mattphilly1980 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Clothes and new sneakers for me.
  • Antara_Kld
    Antara_Kld Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For me non-food related rewards are new clothes that fit my slimmer self, or new underwear!
    A play or movie I would like to see (-before Covid-19 era!!!)
    New face care goodies (face masks, serums, jade roller, eye masks etc..)
    And of course new shoes... not gym shoes... :)

But the truth is I am still of the mindset, that once I lose X amound of pounds I might order from my favourite restaurant. It is hard to rewrite years of habits!