Cedar Point - Plus Size

Options
whitknee0710
whitknee0710 Posts: 2 Member
As I type this, I'm weighing in at 207 lbs. I'm 5'7" and my measurements are 42" chest, 37" natural waist, 41" waist at belt line, 46" hips, both thighs are 27" at the biggest point. I can currently wear size 14 jeans. I'm not really sure of my specific body shape. My natural waist goes in quite a bit, and, while my chest is bigger, it's not by a ton, so maybe pear?

Anyway, my husband and I have been dying to go to Cedar Point for the past 3 years, but haven't had time. We still aren't sure with all this COVID stuff going on if it is even possible to go this year, but, if it is, we are looking at the middle of June.

The last time we went was back in 2017. I can't remember my exact weight, but I'm guessing I was around 260-270 lbs. I fit on all the rides we tried (except TTD). We didn't have time to try MF or Wicked Twister, which I hear are not accommodating for larger guests anyway and I knew I was way over what the site suggests (200 lbs and size 18 for women).

Obviously I weigh less now and am pretty close to the suggested weight, but I'm honestly hoping to be around 190 by the time we go. I know that's under the recommended, but I'm still worried because of my hips/thighs being bigger. My whole point for this post is more specifically to ask about Millenium Force and Steel Vengeance. I am REALLY wanting to ride those 2 coasters because we didn't even try MF last time and SV is new.

Anybody around my current size (or my goal size because I'm going to try extremely hard to reach that) have any issues with those? I'm going either way, and I know they have test seats, but I guess I just want to calm my nerves and I keep freaking out about a walk of shame even though I know I've lost weight.

I appreciate any help!

Replies

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    5y8wauvu3k0d.gif
  • DunkinAndDeadlifts
    DunkinAndDeadlifts Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    As I type this, I'm weighing in at 207 lbs. I'm 5'7" and my measurements are 42" chest, 37" natural waist, 41" waist at belt line, 46" hips, both thighs are 27" at the biggest point. I can currently wear size 14 jeans. I'm not really sure of my specific body shape. My natural waist goes in quite a bit, and, while my chest is bigger, it's not by a ton, so maybe pear?

Anyway, my husband and I have been dying to go to Cedar Point for the past 3 years, but haven't had time. We still aren't sure with all this COVID stuff going on if it is even possible to go this year, but, if it is, we are looking at the middle of June.

The last time we went was back in 2017. I can't remember my exact weight, but I'm guessing I was around 260-270 lbs. I fit on all the rides we tried (except TTD). We didn't have time to try MF or Wicked Twister, which I hear are not accommodating for larger guests anyway and I knew I was way over what the site suggests (200 lbs and size 18 for women).

Obviously I weigh less now and am pretty close to the suggested weight, but I'm honestly hoping to be around 190 by the time we go. I know that's under the recommended, but I'm still worried because of my hips/thighs being bigger. My whole point for this post is more specifically to ask about Millenium Force and Steel Vengeance. I am REALLY wanting to ride those 2 coasters because we didn't even try MF last time and SV is new.

Anybody around my current size (or my goal size because I'm going to try extremely hard to reach that) have any issues with those? I'm going either way, and I know they have test seats, but I guess I just want to calm my nerves and I keep freaking out about a walk of shame even though I know I've lost weight.

I appreciate any help!

I honestly wasn’t aware roller coasters had weight limits. 200lbs seems like a really low limit; I know plenty of women over 200lbs who aren’t really that big bc they are tall AF. I’m 5’9 and range anywhere from 170-175 with some pretty big hips. I was 190 not super long ago and I would’ve felt completely fine going on every ride possible. Enjoy those rides, and your sexy hips. 😉
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    I'm same height and at the time around 195lbs and rode Millennium Force back in 2001. I don't see any reason why you can't ride. They don't ask you your weight at the gate? And if so just lie. They don't have scales there that I remember just height sticks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • whitknee0710
    whitknee0710 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Should have been more clear. There aren't weight limits, they just say you may have trouble fitting on rides if you are over 200 pounds or wear a size 18 or larger as a women.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure you will be FINE! Stop stressing.
  • DunkinAndDeadlifts
    DunkinAndDeadlifts Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Should have been more clear. There aren't weight limits, they just say you may have trouble fitting on rides if you are over 200 pounds or wear a size 18 or larger as a women.

I personally have never seen a ride other than a kiddy ride that wouldn’t fit a 200lbs woman. You’ll be fine.