Not exactly new, and a small NSV

Options
I'm not exactly new to MFP as I've been using it for a little over 2 months now. I figured since I had a NSV to share I might as well I introduce myself at the same time. :) A friend turned me on to MFP ( thank you Jen) and it's been such a great help on my weight loss journey. I love how supportive everyone is and the success stories give me hope.

I'm 31 and have struggled with obesity since childhood. I have a myriad of health problems that I'm trying to battle (Hypothyroidism, PCOS, Candida, and others). I keep telling myself that I can do this and that I will stick to it this time.

So far so good. Almost 3 months in, 20lbs lost. And I had a huge NSV this weekend. I went from a size 22/24 to a size 18. YAY! I was so excited that I didn't want to take the jeans off in the dressing room. I was like I wonder if they can just ring these up while I still have them on? :)

Anyway, just wanted to share and say hello. I have 100+ to go so feel free to add me. The iPhone app makes this site highly addicting so I'm on here all the time!

Replies

• srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - that's wonderful! And I see many more NSVs (and SVs) in your future!
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    congrats that is awesome
  • o0Amanda0o
    o0Amanda0o Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is so awesome! :o)
  • NorthernCally
    Options
    Great job on this NSV, and thanks for posting! You've been here long enough to know that the support and encouragement you will get from other members is incredible! (I've been here less than a week, and I can already see how much other members care!!) Just stick to doin' the good work, and stay committed, and you'll get there!

I'll add you, if you want! I have had issues for most of my life, too - I'm 38- but have maybe been a little lucky. I haven't had to personally deal with many weight-related health issues; although both parents, some aunts and uncles, and my hubby, have diabetes. Heart disease also runs on both sides of my family, and cancer, too. I'm doing this to improve my own quality of life, but also to help avoid it coming to an abrupt end. I think I may become a little obsessed with this site, too :happy: so maybe we can help motivate each other!
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda new, what does NSV stand for?
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! Your doing great! I had the same victory recently and it felt incredible! Welcome!!
  • NorthernCally
    Options
    I'm kinda new, what does NSV stand for?

It stands for Non Scale Victory.
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :smile:
  • tsbrown09
    Options
    Way to go!!! Keep up the great work! :bigsmile: