Anyone else with Chocolate cravings?

Options
I've recently started..again! I am eating much healthier but I need some help on cutting back on sweets.. especially CHOCOLATE...

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Nope cause I allow myself to eat a little everyday. Mine is through ice cream. You can have what you like to eat in your diet, you just HAVE to account for the calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Like @ninerbuff, I allow myself some chocolate or ice cream every day. But not ALL the chocolate and ice cream every day. I save 200-300 calories for dessert every night. If I didn't, I'd freak out and binge after about a week of trying to abstain.
  • FeistyRed73
    FeistyRed73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I've been feeling a little guilty when I eat it but I always log when I do. I didn't think it would be a good idea for me to go cold turkey so it's nice to know I can still indulge but exercise portion control.
  • am00r
    am00r Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm a sweet addicted,
    chocolate, ice cream.. whatever u can imagine

I decided this month to replace all of my sweets into fruits, whatever qty I liked,
    and it works well for me, at least till now :)

and guess what,
    I don't crave sweets at night, thankfully
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I love my Yonanas machine.

I eat 100-200 calories of chocolate almost every day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Chocolate...particularly dark chocolate, is packed with antioxidants and essential minerals. I eat oats 2 to 3 times per week and I always drop in five or so semi-sweet 60% Cocoa chocolate chips in. I eat desert after dinner most nights...the other night my wife made a nice chocolate cake that was delicious...sometimes I just have a few dark chocolate squares...or chocolate chip cookies.

There isn't anything inherently wrong with eating some chocolate or some sweets here and there...it's going overboard that is the issue...which is true with just about anything.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i have sweets every day. usually of the chocolate variety.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You know what has cured me of chocolate cravings? *kitten* migraines. I occasionally check to see if they've gone. Took me until the Friday to get over valentines day 😕
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day, and don't feel a smidgeon of guilt. Have been maintaining my healthy weight for years.

I never found success until I stopped looking at food choices as moral dilemmas and stopped feeling guilty for wanting yummy food. I would often overeat treats literally because I felt guilty.

Now I do my best to get a decent amount of the nutrition I need, and then I have some chocolate ice cream or Dove Promises to finish off my calories for the day. :smiley:
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I buy nice bars of dark chocolate from World Market and cut off the # of squares I can afford within my daily calorie goal.
  • Emari496
    Emari496 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate very often but only ever in small quantities 🙂
  • Lazygirly
    Lazygirly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yep I have a hardcore sweet tooth. Drinking hot chocolate is a game changer for me. I find that drinking hot chocolate is more satisfying then eating bc it’s filling