Random Pet Question

Options
2»

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I talk to my dog ALL THE TIME. I give her like at lesat 50 kisses a day. Some things she understands, like if i say the word bath or anything about us brushing her teeth she kind of freaks out and begs you to no tdo it. She isn't allowed to lick so i can give her kisses, but she never licks me back, i kind of think thats gross when people let dogs lick their mouths

Even my dad who is mr manly man talk to our dog. She is def part of the family
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    Always, and some days it is the most intelligent conversation I take part in ;) I also sing to them (I do this to my kids too and drive them crazy).
  • mcneesbit65
    Options
    I talk to my pets like they were people all the time! To me they are family of course, so I treat them as such. (: I don't think it's weird at all.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    yep, i totally do. i talk to my cats and sometimes they respond!!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I talk to my two chiuchuia (i think that is how you spell it) Like kids they understand When people make noises at them like they are dogs to get there attention they get this look on there face like Im not dog lol you must speak to me but Im 100 % sure they understand english there is nothing strange about that
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Our dogs are totally our 'kids'. We say hello and goodbye and bless you and talk to them like they're little fuzzy people.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Both my son and I talk to our cats. We even interpret what they say back. Like when they want to be fed in between their regular feedings I'm the softy and usually want to give them a snack. So I'll tell my son the cats are saying something like "We'd really like to have a little snack if it's not too much trouble" or his cat might say, "Daddy I really have been a good girl today so can I please have just a little snack?" :laugh: And when my son says a prayer before our meal and his cat is meowing, my son will say "Quiet Judy, the grownups are praying." But she doesn't care. :laugh:
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    We;; it sounds weird when you actually think about it. But I talk to my cat all the time.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i always apologize to my cat if i have to move her- i've asked around and none of my cat-owning friends find this strange :D
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Do you save hi to your pet when it walks into a room or bless them when they sneeze?

I do and a few of my friends think it's strange. I say bless you to strangers on the street or in the store so why shouldn't my kitty be blessed? :smile:

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!
  • ACF2
    ACF2 Posts: 51
    Options
    not supposed to be funny but it is

http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=83241
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Look at my profile pic and guess my answer? :wink: All the friggin' time… but some of it really is obedience commands. :happy: I call me "mommy" and my husband "daddy"… there aren't too many times I admit to that, though. I've had lots of pets and these are the first two that I've done that with… probably biological clock, maternal instinct stuff. I have no human children.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I talk to the kitties all the time. We also sing silly little songs to them. My daughter hates when I sing "oooohhh oh grey kitty bam ba lam" to the tune of black betty, but I love it. They talk back to me, too.

Why else would I have kitties for if not to talk to them? It saves me from looking completely nuts talking to myself. I absolutely think that my future will be as crazy cat lady.

GG