Fitness tracker watch that works with my fitness pal

Options
Please help!!
I'm trying to find a fitness tracker that records steps and calories burned that will sync up with MyFitnessPal..
I need something that is cheap, and anytime I find something I can afford it doesn't work with the app.
My phone is a Huawei so won't sync up my steps to the app either. Im having to use strava but I can't have that running all day 🙈
What can I get that's cheap, cheerful but will do the job
Thanks in advance

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Fitbit, Garmin, Polar, Misfit, these brands should all be able to sync with MFP.

Purely for step tracking, the Pacer app could be an option (if it's available on a Huawei).
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    What Lietchi says.
    Anything else than just steps might work for you, or might not. Every tracker uses different algorithms o estimate calories, and some work for some people, others for others. Thus the calorie burn such a tracker might show you can work for you, or be way off. For me, Fitbit doesn't work, for others it does. For me Garmin seems to work better (not perfect) for others it doesn't. Thus if you want to syn data then this is something you need to be aware of.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    to my knowledge, the fitbit will be the cheapest option that will sync. There are a lot of off name trackers, but mfp only supports the big name ones.

Since your phone seems like it might be older, you will probably have to sync the fitbit to your computer, then to mfp. I seem to recall having to do it that way years ago when I didn't have the phone app.

For ME, the fitbit is pretty accurate as far as calories burned. But it is different for everyone. I also don't eat back many of my exercise calories, so regardless of what any device told me, its almost a moot point.
  • sallylou96
    sallylou96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, it's a new phone but Huawei isn't supported on the app which is annoying. I'll maybe have to look on ebay and stuff to see if I can get a fitbit cheap x
  • b3luck
    b3luck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does Apple watch Series 6?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    Many of the cheap trackers will sync to MFP by first syncing to GoogleFit. My current one doesn't, but the one before it which isn't available any more does. My current one does sync to GoogleFit, but their syncing algorithm is screwed up so it keeps adding all steps repeatedly to GoogleFit every time it syncs.