Not seeing results - Advice Please!

Options
Hey ya'll! First time poster here, and a little nervous to be so candid!

I'm 25, 5'5" and had a starting weight of about 255. My first goal is 220.

I've been overweight my whole life and have finally decided to live a healthier life style. I committed in January and have been logging meals (around 1200 cals a day), working out 3-4 times a week and getting in around 80oz if water a day. When I complete the day in the app I get the pop up telling me I'm on track to be around 225lbs in five weeks. However, it's been over two months and I'm only down 15lbs. I just can't get past 240. Can anyone give me some tips? why am I not getting anywhere?

Thanks in advance!
Xx

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    15 lbs in 2 months is great!

Your calorie goal seems really low, but I am left wondering how you are doing on portion sizes. Do you weigh and measure your food, drinks and condiments?
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    15 lbs in 2 months is great!

100% this^

Assuming you started Monday January 4 (since statistically speaking the majority of dieting starts on Mondays) you're right at the 8 week mark and have lost 15 lbs... so 1.875 lbs/week which is a fantastic rate to maintain. Anything more and you'd be exceeding the safe recommendation for weight loss at 1% body weight/week. Additionally, based on you height and weight, your sedentary TDEE is 2200 (light exercise at 2522) so 1200/day is requisite for at least 2 lbs/week loss. Given the variability in scale weighing, your descriptor of "around 1200 cals a day", and the assumption that your workouts are a recent addition (and could therefore be causing data interference from increased glycogen retention).

The best advice I can offer is to stay consistent and keep doing what you've been doing in terms of controlling your intake and exercising (water intake is inconsequential so long as you're properly hydrated). B

Being relentlessly consistent and hitting 1-2 lbs/week loss is what's really tough to do over the long haul, yet that consistency is required for significant sustained weight loss.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Your rate of loss is perfect!

Would you rather lose fast, and gain it back or slower, and keep it off?

Its not a race. You are doing great!
  • pysickleah
    pysickleah Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    My calorie goal is set at 1500 but I'm average 1200 most days. I count out what I can (pretzels, grapes, etc.) But I normally just eyeball the rest and eat less than I used to. I will have to start weighing! I really only drink water or flavored water so drinks are not a problem and I always try to log my alcoholic drinks on the weekends. Thank you everyone!!

I'm just seeing a few of my facebook friends and weight loss tiktok/instagramers that I follow have been losing more in the same time frame. But that's what I get for comparing myself to other people on social media!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    15 lb in two months!!! Don’t obsess over what the app tells you the exact results will be. You are clearly doing this right.