has anyone done insanity or insanity max 30?

Options
i’m just curious and if you’ve done. did you find it effective and her the results you’ve expected?

i keep trying inanity max 30 but ways give up bc it’s too hard but i’m going to push myself this time even if i have to take breaks in between it’s weird cause i’m not unfit but my cardio ability had decreased since i can no longer run on the treadmill for 30 mins straight bc the gyms are closed

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I have done both. I did Insanity in person classes years ago and own the Max30 dvds. I’ve done them a few times over the years. It’s a great time saver having a challenging whole body workout at home I can do in 30min.

I saw my endurance and strength improve. I’m not sure what else you mean by “results expected” but suspect you mean weight loss. If you’re expecting weight loss that still comes from a calorie deficit which workouts can help with, workouts can also help maintain muscle while losing.
  • trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    I have done both. I did Insanity in person classes years ago and own the Max30 dvds. I’ve done them a few times over the years. It’s a great time saver having a challenging whole body workout at home I can do in 30min.

I saw my endurance and strength improve. I’m not sure what else you mean by “results expected” but suspect you mean weight loss. If you’re expecting weight loss that still comes from a calorie deficit which workouts can help with, workouts can also help maintain muscle while losing.

i meant like muscle gained or maintained or like definition
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    trulyhealy wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »

i meant like muscle gained or maintained or like definition

It’s not a program you will likely gain muscle using since there is no progressive weight bearing involved. All of the strength work is 100% body weight. You will gain strength. In order to get more definition you’d still have to be doing it with a calorie deficit