Grad School is a Struggle... but I have a plan. Feedback pl

Options
Okay... so it is officially Monday.

My immune system is winning the battle against the mucus that had invaded my head and chest. My ears are still clogged, but I can breath and speak without massive coughing binges. I have overcome my dizziness and my appetite has returned. (That's a good thing.)

My schedule is fairly stabilized for the semester. I work my fixed schedule job from 12-5 M-Th. Add in some Tuesday Morning meetings and some Friday meetings and/or work. I have evenings to work out my GTA meetings, to work on my thesis, and to spend quality time with my limited social network. (I do my best thesis work after 10 pm... so I get to bed around 1-2 a.m.) I have late mornings to get my workout in.

It is TIME to get #BackOnTheHorse and get back on the wagon. There is NO reason I cannot get up and get a walk in before my Noon reporting time. There is NO reason I cannot plan my meals better than I have this summer. I do NOT have to eat at my desk.

My Goals for this week:
~2 mile walk 3 times before work
~64 oz of tea (weak and barely sweetened)
~64 oz of additional Water
~Increase protein consumption (Grill Fresh Protein)

Replies

• pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan!!!

GG
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    I have immune system problems too. When it acts up I've been told by my DR. that I should eliminate Milk, Wheat and proccessed sugar. And consume Almond milk, Qunioa, and Honey. Also ginger is wonderful grated into a cup and add hot water for tea. (It's real yummy and good for the tummy.) For ears, oil of oregano, which is found in the first aid section of Shopper's Drug Mart or health food stores.

Good for you for going to school! Sounds like you have a plan. That's a good start.

Cheers,
    :flowerforyou:
  • dragonpixie
    dragonpixie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Motivation - woo hoooo!!!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    So... I got 1.5 miles in, 205 calories, and 40 minutes in... though it wasn't quite as planned. Due to light sensitivity issues, I had to wait until dusk to go. Also ended up doing half of it barefoot and carrying my shoes. They were rubbing in an uncomfortable way, and I'm more comfortable barefoot anyway.

Still working on the food. I tried to rebalance my carbs to max 20% of caloric intake... that's not working today. Lesson learned. Better luck tomorrow.