Addicted to scales!

Options
Morning :)

Im so addicted to the scales, i weigh myself sometimes twice a day! Please make me feel less silly and tell me you do it too! Ive got to quit it from today! Thats it its over!

Mou
xxx

Replies

• russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a day. People only say to weight once a week because they think people will be demotivated by normal weight fluctuations. That said, I think once a day at the same time will give you a better indicator of trend (you can vary pounds in any given day depending on what you eat and how much you exerecise.) I weigh in the morning, after my ablutions and before breakfast.
  • shaundam
    shaundam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    lol me too! I weigh myself less now but I still weigh in the mornings to see where I'm at and in the evenings so I can rest easy knowing I didn't gain 50lbs during the day. :)
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Me too! Not twice a day, but once a day. It's the first thing I think of when I wake up. My husband says he's going to throw them out. I'm going to try to limit myself to once a week. Someone suggested once a fortnight but don't think I can manage that :laugh:
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Me too :) I think it's great, it keeps me honest and on track! I don't think you should give up (unless it upsets you) go for it :) People tell me I'm crazy, and I'm like well it's working for me so why not??? :0)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a day. People only say to weight once a week because they think people will be demotivated by normal weight fluctuations. That said, I think once a day at the same time will give you a better indicator of trend (you can vary pounds in any given day depending on what you eat and how much you exerecise.) I weigh in the morning, after my ablutions and before breakfast.

this it what i do to!
  • haileemou
    Options
    Well ive just gained cos of time of month and i almost had a fit when i weighed! I just want to be less osessed and more go on how i feel!
  • balletgirlxo
    Options
    Oh, it's not a bad thing unless you feel bad afterwards. Two years ago, when I was obsessed with "the perfect ballet body", I would weigh myself several times throughout the day. It was funny because I would go "Oh my gosh, I've gained/lost 0.2 kilos!" Lol, yeah, it's silly but as long as you're not feeling awful about yourself, I don't see the harm in it :) I only weigh myself once a week now. It's good to keep track without obsessing over it :P
  • LisaLove240786
    LisaLove240786 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, although we all flucuate with pounds i find it gives me more motivation when i see the scale going down
  • lauraparr
    Options
    i'm addicted too!! :( i only record my weight once a week but I weigh myself every day!
    this morning I got up and said 'right i'm not weighing myself untill Wednesday that's it!'................ 5 minutes later I was on the scales! I think I need to just get rid of my scales, but i've been saying that for months! :(
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day! The reason I do this is because (1.) OCD ( 2.) Is because I want to monitor water retention (3.) OCD!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    :explode: I weigh myself every morning.. It's an obsession.. My husband says he's going to through away the scale.. I can't stop either.. I only do it once a day . I have to work at not doing it any other time.. YOUR NOT ALONE::ohwell:
  • ant_man
    Options
    scales can b a good thing and a bad thing.. scales doing it twice a day can have a negative problem.. doing it once a week should b a regular thing on the same day and same time of day for a regular thing.. the more you look at the scales the harder it is for you goal setting and harder it is for accept it from day to day... day to day can change from exercise, how much u drink/eat and sweat and what not..

everyone is different. i ain't saying what you should do.. but if u do it twice a day? how are u feeling? if u havn't lose weight.. more body issues can occur and eating problems and what not such as disordered eating can occur and over exercising could occur.. be careful! losing 1/2 a week is a healthy weight loss and can be maintained remember that.. tv shows that have people that lose 6 kgs a week is bad press and image. they are exercising over 6 hours to get that result its bad for them after the show they put 3/4 of it back on because of the change in lifestyle..
  • haileemou
    Options
    Hahaha giggle!!!!!! OCD mmmh thats familiar!!!

I put the scales into my husbands bathroom away from mine but still doesnt help! I have to stop tho! Have to!
  • natlag18
    Options
    I do this too...I find it keeps me focused and on track!

Also its always easier to lose a small gain than a big one!
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do it and I can't see a problem with it - I only weigh first thing though never at night because you gain a bit through the day.

It is the only way to keep on top of my weight - if I didn't weigh then I would eat more I know I would and before you know it there's a 5lb gain in just a week ! As natlag18 says, it keeps me focused and on track.
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    I had to remove my scales from my bathroom.. I'm gonna go by how I feel from now on, not how much I weigh. :D
  • OzJester13
    OzJester13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a day ... and even though it is at the same time every day, I still think I'm going to cut back on it. I'm also trying to change the way I think about it. Not the weight but the clothes size (cm / inches), and how I feel.

So long as there is improvement around the waist the rest will follow... keep up the good work people:)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Well - I'm one of those people that only get on the scales once a week - not - I hasten to add, because I'm disciplined, or rigorous in any way - but because usually, Saturday morning is the only morning where I actually have time to get up undisturbed, perform my morning ablutions etc. and then stand on the scales and scurry off to MFP to record the weight without getting sidetracked by the 1001 other impedimenta in my life!