Moan and groan about de motivating posters..... Arh!!!!!

Options
I just want to have a quick rant so I will appoligise in advance people.....

I earlier posted a quick post about having a guilt free pizza after a 12 hour marathon decorating day....

I was then hit by replies from a poster telling me that all those bad calories would immediately become fat and I should eat better.......

It has made me so cross as the whole reason for posting in the first place was to remind people that it was good to try to develop a guilt free relationship with food as I now have come to believe that for me and many others it is this dysfunctional relationship which both contributed to me being overweight in the first place then kept me trapped there.

I am now working on fixing that and through maintaining a good diet and regular training with my PT who keeps a close eye on my nutrition I have lost 60 lbs but occasionally ( and today was one of those occasions) when treating myself and not allowing myself to spiral into the negative cycle of guilt and self loathing which has been my downfall in the past is in fact as much of a breakthrough as the weight I have already lost.

I then took a quick look at this posters profile and this just made me cross as this member is aiming for a weight which is either the very bottom or just below a healthy BMI (depending on her height) and peeking at her diary she appears to be in negative calorie intake some days with extreme exercise on others (1500 cals burned+) now I would never criticise someone else's choices for themselves but this appears to be on the surface as unhealthy a relationship with food as mine was......

I posted to show support to others I just wish others would think the same.....

Rant over!!!!!!

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Ugh, lame! I love pizza and I probably eat it way too often but it's usually those days that I'm below my calories because it's SO worth it, that there's no reason to go over. Or I'll be over just because I need soda with it, haha. Either way, all I'm saying is PIZZA IS DELICIOUS and you should never deprive yourself of ANYTHING. Everything in moderation. Boo on that poster!
  • Here_kittykitty
    Here_kittykitty Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I actually read your original post when you first put it up, and I couldn't believe the replies. Everyone deserves a treat every once in a while, that clearly isn't your normal mode of eating, so I really didn't get why some of them were being so condescending. Keep your chin up! You were honest enough to post about your pizza day, when so many lie to themselves and everyone else about their eating habits. Try not to let it get you down!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    This is about a lifestyle change, and what the heck is wrong with pizza?? Did it kill you?? You've lost 60lbs and so what that you want to indulge on something flavorful occassionally!! There's all types of pizza out there. My fave is spinach with sundired tomatoes and feta cheese, on a wheat crust btw. I hate that ppl have the nerve to judge, gotta be something lacking within themselves.

Double BOO on that poster!!
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    Ugh, rude people. Honestly, I still eat what I use to, but I don't eat as much of it and I am still losing weight. You can eat hot dogs, cheeseburgers, and pizza and still lose weight. It's just allowing for them in your calorie intake or finding lower calorie options (I LOVE Paul Newman pizza and it is 300 calories a serving, but I cannot let go of my bubba burgers so I allow for one when we have them). If I completely changed what I ate, I would not have made it this far. Not rewarding yourself and restricting yourself is, most of the time, going to trigger binging and/or body disrespect which will lead to giving up.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,749 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing it exactly the right way, Lucy, and your post was showing support to others. I share your wish that others would do the same, but not everybody does. On the bright side, a lot of people do! Keep on doing what you do. :flowerforyou:
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I was really surprised with all the people spreading negative energy in that thread.
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your pizza! Heck if you wanna enjoy your pizza once a week I don't even see that as problematic. You can always think of it like I do. When I ate pizza a year ago I had 3 slices. When I ate pizza 6 months ago I had 2 slices and when I had pizza last week I got an all meat pizza added veggies, cooked it myself and sliced it into small pieces so I ate a total of 1 and 1/2 slice. That is half of what I ate a year ago.
    You have lost 60 lbs and that is amazing. You obviously are doing a lot of things right and my personal philosophy is never deprive yourself of what you love just remember that the pizza will taste the same on slice one as it will on slice 10 so limit consumption to what makes you full not what makes you feel sick. :D

Also you rock for calling out people on being demotivating. That is not what this site is about!
  • firmbug
    firmbug Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It's all about moderation, balance and creativity by working those treats in a healthy meal plan! Forget the Nazi bashers! There are many supportive and understanding people on this site!
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Pizza - big deal, so what!

The problem is we are brainwashed to feel that it is a big deal and therefore must feel guilty about it... this journey is also about fixing the brainwashing and learning to forgive ourselves in order to create a healthy relationship to food... Good Job Lucy - keep it up sunshine! x
  • butterfly3747
    Options
    There will always be the minority shouting odds over the majority. You stick to your guns, it's them with the problem not you, they're just jealous LOL
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i dont like people either..but i love pizza
  • wired123
    wired123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    People that are fixated on themselves, their restrictions and their "way" sometimes feel the need to impose this on others, as any other way scares them.

We are all different ... many roads lead to Rome and you've proved already that you must be doing something right to lose 60lbs! Keep at it and don't let the buggers get you down :)