Favorite foods THEN ... Favorite foods NOW

Options
pancakerunner
pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
edited March 2021 in Food and Nutrition
What was/were your favorite food/foods when you were a kid, and what is/are your favorite food/s now???

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Then - Lasagna
    Now - Ribs
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    5? I don’t remember...maybe spaghetti. Thanks for making me feel super old. 😆

Now - not sure I can pick one. Ribeye off the smoker, cheesecake...
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    5? I don’t remember...maybe spaghetti. Thanks for making me feel super old.

Now - not sure I can pick one. Ribeye off the smoker, cheesecake...

updated so it's just food as a kid haha...

ribeye... drool...
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    5 - chicken & noodles, rice with sugar sauce, potatoes Anna, all the cheap candies.
    Now - salad, chicken & dumplings, roasted potatoes, roast chicken, coffee with whipped milk, stew-type heavy soups.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    As a kid - Pizza Hut pepperoni pan pizza, Little Debbie Swiss cake rolls, Cool Ranch Doritos, Snickers, chocolate chip cookie dough in the tube, Velveeta.

Now - spicy foods in general, shrimp, kimchi, broccoli, rhubarb pie, any alfredo or vodka sauced pasta dish, hamburgers, blackberries, sugar snap peas.

Still love my mom's homemade cream puffs!
  • natgurl95
    natgurl95 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Kid- Spaghetti with clam sauce or frozen chimichangas
    Adult- take out egg rolls, linguini with clam sauce, or crab legs
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, I liked a lot of foods as a kids....part of my problem! I guess my favorites were my mom's lasagna and chicken and noodles, chocolate chip cookie dough ( my friend and would make it and eat it raw...oops), Ding
    Dong's (rare, parent bought Little Debbie's), Dunkin Donuts cream-filled donut, and of course--ice cream!

As an adult, my favorites are still cheesy pastas, Indian food, Mexican, Starbucks salted caramel cream cold brew, and cake
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I've always liked lasagna and other types of pasta, ice cream, cookies, brownies, fried chicken, etc. It's easier to point out things I did NOT like as a kid but do now. Ex: coleslaw, green beans, onions, coffee, pbj, dark chocolate
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    I've always liked lasagna and other types of pasta, ice cream, cookies, brownies, fried chicken, etc. It's easier to point out things I did NOT like as a kid but do now. Ex: coleslaw, green beans, onions, coffee, pbj, dark chocolate

I agree with you that is easier to say what I didn't like as a kid... didn't really have a "favorite" myself. Although I did have a special place for tri color pasta with parmesan
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I ate pretty much similar same few things as a kid...

Everything in the foods that remind you of childhood thread.

I was a picky eater and only ate my moms cooking or a select few restaurants. I ate the same exact packed lunch every single day throughout all of elementary and middle school lol. My routine staples were..... tacos, cheese crisps, chicken nuggets with hot sauce, salt n vinegar chips, french fries with salt and vinegar, fruit snacks, spaghetti and meatballs, uncrustables, mini OJ without pulp, salami sandwiches, lil debbie coffee cakes, kraft mac and cheese (but only spirals or shapes), broccoli, baby carrots, hot dogs, ballpark corn dogs, franks hot sauce and vinegar on everything, slurpees, italian ice, honey buns, pizza rolls, BK chicken fries,

Things I didn't like that I do now: Chocolate, homemade hamburgers (I would ONLY eat mcdonalds hamburger, never a homemade one as a kid), turkey, ketchup, chicken or turkey lunch meat,

Now.....
    Salads, wraps, pudding/pumpkin, bars, pizza, chicken, all veggies pretty much
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    As a treat I remember going out with the family to A & W and getting a Whistle dog. Dairy Queen - Peanut Buster Parfait and Slurpees too.

I didn't like some of these in the least as a kid, but love them now (way too many to list): cauliflower/dark chocolate/fish/

What remained? (lots too) For sure is the love of homemade crunchy PB on toast! I will never tire of pb...
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Kid - breakfast was pancakes or french toast with loads of syrup, and butter. Capt'n Crunch when I could get it.

Now - breakfast is oatmeal w/ peanut butter and maybe kimchi and an egg on top.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    Another one from childhood that I absolutely loved for lunch was Kraft Dinner with cut up hotdogs in it...wouldn't entertain this in the least now lol!😫
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    I truly would love to know why I got the infamous disagree :D
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Cheese and onion crisps - I remember as a 5 YO when the ice cream van came round the rest of the family would get ice cream cones and I would have crisps.

Savoury over sweet is still my preference. The "last meal of the condemned man" would definitely still include crisps now.

I did go through a spell of disliking most meats and most vegetables in childhood but part of that was probably rebellion against the clear your plate mentality of parents brought up very poor and with food rationing.
    Epic battles of will ensued!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    as a kid, stuffed peppers, tacos, seafood

as an adult... steak, seafood (primarily scallops but fish, too), grilled chicken salad
  • alexastoutxo
    alexastoutxo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had the biggest sweet tooth as a kid and still do 😁
    Then: chocolate chip cookies, icecream, donuts, cereal, spaghetti, tacos, tortas, pizza, little debbie snack cakes, cakes, pb&js, sloppy joes, hamburgers(specifically in and outs), Chinese food the list goes on...
    Now: I still have a massive sweet tooth 😂which I can control thankfully so I still have cookies, brownies, icecream with the addition of some no sugar added treats like dark chocolate, cake, wafers etc. And savory foods like turkey wraps, salads, rice cakes, sandwiches, whole wheat pasta, chicken, shrimp, tuna. My taste buds have developed a bit more than when I was a kid but I forever will choose sweet over savory foods lol
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I truly would love to know why I got the infamous disagree :D

I'm curious too! Come forward and state your case! 😉