I don't see any results

Options
Afternoon everyone, after 11 days my weights is still the same and I'm in a calorie deficit of 1970 kcal/day.

I'm nearly 23 years old. My height is 163cm and my weight is 63 kg.

I run 4 times/week. I started to run after one sedentary year (maybe more).

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I'll let some expert's chime in... But if you just started running again after a year break, then it's quite likely, you're actively rebuilding some lost muscle from the year of inactivity, and with that building of muscle, holding more water weight to help facilitate those repairs. So much to soon to worry, I would suggest. And since you didn't gain weight, and for sure you are having a positive influence on muscle mass, I'd say your definitely on the winning side.

I suspect if you keep it up at a similar pace, you should stabilize over the next to weeks and start to see some action on the scale.

Either way, fantastic work!
  • matbas98
    matbas98 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much guys! It's lovely to hear from you.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    No worries. You might not see the scale move for a month or more. Just keep being consistent and logging properly. If after 2months you haven't lost weight and were expected to --- you will need to recalculate what your daily calorie goal should be, it's possible it's not correct right now. You also need to make sure you are logging things properly (weighing food, at least at first to make sure you know what you're actually eating) and logging calorie burns from workouts properly.

Just to check yourself --- if you've used MFP exclusively to calculate your calorie goal --- look up a Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) calculator and see what that says (it will also have you put in an activity level and take that into account - but if you have a non-active job like a desk job, then just put sedentary). It will most likely give you your BMR and your TDEE --- choose a daily calorie goal that is somewhere in between those two (example. you could subtract 20% or ~200-300 calories from your TDEE and as long as that number is above your BMR you're probably good). Then you can log your burned calories in MFP - but then these calories will be added to your daily allowance. Eat back somewhere between 50-100% depending on the results you see over a longer period of time ( 1-2 months).

Then you can really know if you're actually losing weight or not.

Just some added advice --- if you are planning on continuing to run --- add in some glute strengthening exercises (bridges, side leg lifts, donkey kicks, squats, clams...etc.) to keep injury at bay and maintain what lean muscle mass you have.

Good Luck!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    9x43j4amq19l.jpg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If you've been sedentary and restarted exercising it's NOT uncommon to actually GAIN WEIGHT due to the body holding water for repair as well as muscles and liver soaking up glycogen (which needs water to store it) for the body anticipating energy usage. This can last at least 2 weeks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Yes, I GAINED seven pounds when I started weight lifting again. Like you said, it took a few weeks to come back off (and keep going down.)