Here I am again.... 35yo Mother and Wife...

Options
Hello there. I'm just going to try this weight lost thing again. I've been a member since 2013, 8 years! Woah. I've lost weight at the beginning and it was amazing. I love to eat and don't have a stop button, and I also love to sit and watch TV, after sitting at my desk job all day.

So ya, here I am. I've stayed within my calorie goals (or 50 over) for 4 days. May not seem like much but it FOUR days.

I'm 5'4", and weigh 203 pounds. That is a lot, enough for my doctor to request that I get the COVID vaccine because of my obese BMI. That my friends was a HARD pill to take. Needless to say, my shot appt is on Saturday.

Normally being an all or nothing kind of girl, I would go all in for 3 days and then get home and eat everything and anything I could find. Ladies and gentlemen I've gone 4 days so far and even had takeout pizza last night!

I'm an open book. I don't like to work out, but enjoy sneaking workouts in my normal life by doing yard work and such. I have a 15 year old boy and an amazing husband. He is truly amazing and very supportive. I've had a double mastectomy and hysterectomy 7 years ago so my body is post menopause even though I am just 35.

I would love like minded friends, just to share in the fact that this is hard. I DO NOT want friends that will push their views on me hard, I am not on any sort of restrictive eating plan, and I am not interested in buying whatever you are selling (beach body folks please read this). I also want to state that I am a happily married women and am not interested in building a haram of men to fluff me up.

So ladies and gentlemen, if you are interested in mutual support then please reach out.

Replies

• LennineHooper
    LennineHooper Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm a 31 year old mum of 4! I've been using this app on and off for years also. But after giving birth 5 weeks ago I've decided to get serious about it!

I'm not restricting my eating, because sometimes I just want a Big Mac or a bar of chocolate! I've sent you a friends request, hopefully we can support each other.
  • dianavpratt
    dianavpratt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 43 and a mom of one awesome teenager and supportive husband. I have been using MFP on and off since probably 2014. I had a lot of success in the past and am now back on it. I am 5'7" and started at 235lbs (ughhhh) and am now down to 216! I need to get down to 180, so I am hoping this helps me stay motivated! Feel free to connect :)
  • elizabethherberger
    elizabethherberger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 4 days! This journey is hard, but you’re on the right path. I am also 5’2” and started this journey Dec 2019 at 209.2 lbs. I am down to 161.6 now and my goal is 135. I am also happily married with a 4.5 year old. I will send you a friend request :) Happy to be a support and love to receive support as well!
  • MirNeedsWork
    MirNeedsWork Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I keep trying to get back to shape aka exercise regularly and lose weight but fall off after two to three weeks. I’m hoping to find someone who wants to do a daily check in with each other to help build accountability for eating and exercising. My goal is to work out 4-5 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes. I use various Beachbody programs. I’m thinking about doing 21 day fix again. Then counting calories throughout the week and eating in moderation but with a break from counting on the weekends. Is there any interest in daily checkins?
  • Jackiefrost1013
    Jackiefrost1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am a 48 yr old mother of 4, all grown, with 3 grandchildren one of which my husband and I are helping to raise. I started my journey on June 29th 2020 @ 298 pounds and am now at 238 pounds. I’m not on a certain diet, I do eat lower carb but that just is what I found works best for my weight loss. I am very supportive and would welcome any of you as friends if you want to send a request. Good luck on your journey!
  • nerdherdshepherd8973
    nerdherdshepherd8973 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! This is HARD! I’m a 48 year old mom of two teens trying this again (actually for a third time! Third times a charm, right??) I’m a happily married, professional woman who is working on it ... everyday ... and holding it together - or at least trying to. Right now, I’m trying to get my stress eating under control. I’ll send a friend request and we can get through this together!!
  • melsoliz04
    melsoliz04 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hello I'm 35, 5'2 and 210. Married to an awesome man for 16 years. We have 4 kids 4-15 YO. Been on MFP off and on for about 5 years. I'm trying to be mostly strict on my self this time. I have started using the shredz program I've used it before and it worked so trying it again. Just need a little friend support 😉. I can do this and so can you. It's definitely hard this is the biggest I've been a for such a long period. Thanks for posting.
  • melsoliz04
    melsoliz04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I keep trying to get back to shape aka exercise regularly and lose weight but fall off after two to three weeks. I’m hoping to find someone who wants to do a daily check in with each other to help build accountability for eating and exercising. My goal is to work out 4-5 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes. I use various Beachbody programs. I’m thinking about doing 21 day fix again. Then counting calories throughout the week and eating in moderation but with a break from counting on the weekends. Is there any interest in daily checkins?

I sent you a friend request but didn't put my name 🤣 Melissa I'd like to do daily check-ins with you.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 37 year old mom of a 5 year old and 37 year old. Just kidding, that second 37 year old is my hubs. LOL. I was on and off MFP for like 10 years, before coming back to it full force in August. I'm into month 18 of my current journey to lose 80lbs, Which started on Noom and WW before being drawn back into MFP for the long haul. I've (5'8") gone from 241 to 183 over the course of those 18ish months and am all in the "slow and steady wins the race" category. Happy to add friends for support as needed.