Lockdown Weight Gone

I'm not actually sure what my weight was in lockdown. I weighed myself in early January 2020 and was 200lbs. By March, that may have crept up by a pound or two. It certainly won't have crept down. So I know that by the time we entered lockdown, I weighed at least 200lbs, maybe a lb or two more.

Over the next nine months, I piled on the lbs up to 220lbs just after Christmas this year. A combination of being at home alone all day allowed me to indulge my binging habits, and boredom made it harder to stop. In addition, I was missing out on the exercise I would get every day just by walking to the train, walking around a large office etc.

So I started on 4 January 2021 trying to lose my lockdown weight first. And this morning I reached that goal - I am now below 200lbs for the first time in at least fifteen months.

Although I do have an end goal in mind, I prefer to think of weight loss as a series of milestones. Today was a pretty big milestone.

My next one will hopefully come over the next week or two. Losing another two pounds will make me overweight and not obese!

Apologies for the weirdly cropped photos - I didn't want my face in, and the bottom half was just in underwear so...qpotulrp24fl.jpg
gmzopzrbf5ww.jpg

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Nice job!! It's completely worth the work you're doing and you're right about milestones. I've changed my thinking from trying to achieve big goals to smaller more reachable milestones. It all works out the same but my brain handles the smaller steps much easier than thinking bigger numbers. Congratulations!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Great job!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Remarkable difference in a short time - well done.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Thanks for posting - piled on the pounds, still shielding here..... but you’ve inspired me!
  • mroper295
    mroper295 Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks for your post.

I identify with your story because I lived it almost exactly! Like you, I gained 20 pounds during the pandemic, set a goal in January 2021 to lose the extra weight and am nearing completion. I still have 3 pounds to lose but seeing your success has encouraged me to finish strong and then keep going!
  • RjMaan
    RjMaan Posts: 31 Member
    Yeah, in the start of a lock down back in February and March 2020. I started gaining weight and my family noticed that and I sometime made my mind to work on reducing my weight. Every time whenever, i tried to lose weight I get demotivated and i gave up. Than i shared it with one of my best friend about it. He gave me some yoga tips, some stretch techniques and some exercise equipment that were very useful to do especially during lock down. I followed his advice and bought some of the equipment and made proper time table and goals for that. After a lot of hard work, Finally i am also able to achieve my goal. Now, i am planning to make a perfect shape of my body as well.
  • kiran6002
    kiran6002 Posts: 52 Member
    Wow just wow dude! Keep going xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!