HOW DO I KEEP GOING????!!!!

Options
Ok , I bought Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Yesterday I did it for the first time. My legs were like JELLO for the first couple hours after and now Im REALLY feeling them....I know Im supposed to do it every day for 30 days...but my legs are in pain!!! UGH!!! I need to get over the physical and deal with it!!! I could def use some support!! :sad:

Replies

• PhatChic1186
    Options
    Try drinking a protein shake after you complete your workout...Did you do level 1-3 on day 1? Or just level 1?
  • Trueguardian
    Options
    It is easier to say then to think but here is the real answer. It is all a mind thing, get in the right mind set and do not let your mind win. You are in control, not your mind, you go girl!!!!!
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    KEEP HYDRATED!!!! This is really important!!!
    Girl KEEP IT UP!!! Look what youve lost so far!!! Your legs will continue to feel like Jell-o till theyre use to it. It sucks when you work your body in a way its not use to. But give it time. Youre doing a magnificant job!!! I gaurentee your body will learn to adapt to it :)

2735010.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I drank a gnc performance protein shake..one scoop...Maybe I should have made it 2, lol! I did level one.... i don't even want to imagine the other two levels!!!
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Reward yourself with either a bath (with a herbal muscle relaxant) or a lovely warm shower. However only take a bath if you think your muscles will be strong enough to let you get out of it at the end!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    If every day is too much, go every other day. Seriously, this is a lifetime experience. It is for YOU.

I would start the video, cry and stop. So I did 10 minutes. then 15...............the point is I was DOING IT!!!

So do what you can do!!! Before you know it you will be kicking Jillian's *kitten*:wink:
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    I KNOW what u mean
    Keep going, it will feel better in about 3 day
  • ebonyhart
    Options
    Im on day 4 and honestly the best advice I can give you is too push through it, your muscles arnt used to the intensity but by time you get to day 3/4 the pain will ease depending on how much exercise you have done in the past. If you rest for too long say like a couple of days you will be back to square one and you will be back to being in pain. When you have done your 20minutes have a warm bath and it will help to release the lactic acid which is causing you the pain another thing I dont know how much truth is in it maybe someone can verify it for you, but if you eat bananas theres something in them helps with the lactic acid build up ???? not sure, but keep at it, it will get easier :-) hope thats helpful
  • famlyluv
    Options
    Thanks!! I know its mind over body, but My body seems to be screaming and my mind wants to sit here and drink my coffee! A warm bath sounds lovely, i should soak tonight!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    If you are in pain, listen to your body. It may be that you should do the shred one day on one day off until your body adjusts.
  • PhatChic1186
    Options
    I drank a gnc performance protein shake..one scoop...Maybe I should have made it 2, lol! I did level one.... i don't even want to imagine the other two levels!!!

Ok, Thats great that you did have a protein shake afterwards.. I have alot of pals, that has done 30DS, they say after the first 2-3 days you will get used to it...Don't give up you can do it..I believe in you.. I just got started the Jillian Michaels Killer Bunes & Thighs, which is her newest one, and yesterday was my first day and man I tell ya it has me hurting something good this morning..NEVER GIVE UP chica!!! You can do it!!! Try to find some people who can do 30DS with you so you can have motivation along the way..
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    good job on doing the work out!! its going to suck, but don't worry, it gets better. you need to add other types of conditioning, like running, biking, or swimming.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    The first bit of an exercise programme is always tough. When I get stiffness, I tend to carry on with my cardio - but I don't do weights (your muscles need repair time for strength building). I don't know the 30DS - is it a mix of both? If so, maybe just do the cardio bits to limber up?

That said, once you've pressed through the sore, you'll probably be less sore (if that makes sense!)

Good luck.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    The First few days suck but it is WORTH it! Just need to suck it up and keep going! When I feel like I can no longer keep going I think one of JM's quotes in my head, "if you're not puking or dead, keep going"!
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    I was going to give up too! I PUT ON WEIGHT! I was so annoyed! At day 9 I was ready to chuck it all in. Then I took these photos I was heavier on the photos in Blue than I was in white!!!

398416914.jpg

398416915.jpg

398416916.jpg

Now I am keeping on the right track, its day 12 and I have finally LOST two pounds from the start of the DVD I am down to 9 stone something!! Fight through the jelly legs and keep on track of what your focus is.
  • Mrsmannix
    Mrsmannix Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It is a really hard work out, she makes sure to kick your butt the whole time... It is super hard, I have been doing it for almost two weeks now, just tell yourself that you can do it.. after a few days it really does get better and it doesnt hurt as much. Soon you will be rockin that video out without blinking!!! Did u start with shred one or two?
  • famlyluv
    Options
    Well, I sucked it up and did it....If I were to ever see Jillian Michaels on the street I wouldnt know whether to hug or or punch her...GREAT workout~~~:laugh: