Salmon what would go with it?

Options
What food would go with Salmon? xx

Replies

• fish119
    Options
    i like to crumble my salmon over a nice garden salad!
  • PhatChic1186
    Options
    rice, salad, almost any kind of veggie
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    mix it in mashed potatoes with veggies on the side
  • Thank you for this I will do veg with it. Is boiled or roasted better? xx
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Try couscous loaded with veggies.. yum!
  • arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Options
    I like some stir fried green beans with a little soy sauce and white rice with mine, and squeeze a little lemon and black pepper on the salmon. :-)
  • kimthomasandaimee
    Options
    I have mine with brown rice, tamari, spring onions and ginger.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Broccoli and rice. [:
  • I like some stir fried green beans with a little soy sauce and white rice with mine, and squeeze a little lemon and black pepper on the salmon. :-)

Ahh will have to go get some lemon and black pepper aswell as soy sauce. xx
  • liza001
    Options
    Yesterday I dry fried it so it was crispy and added a stir fry that i did on the side of capsicum, carrots, zucchini, onion and spinach leaves.. I add chicken stock and let it simmer until totally evaporated then serve.. Just before serving a sprinkled lemon juice over the salmon..

Today I had salad with my smoked salmon,,... Spinach leaves, tomato, cucumber and rock melon.. Both were yum!
  • Piglet_26
    Options
    Mmmm for me it has to be with lightly buttered new potatoes, green beans and maybe if i'm good prepare it topped with a little philidelphia cream cheese and breadcrumbs :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Brocoli, leeks and fennel are great with salmon!
  • Iric1783
    Iric1783 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Couscous is lovely with Salmon and an easy meal to take to work..
  • Thanks all.. xx
  • catniph
    Options
    I like it with fusilli pasta, cherry tomatoes and a zingy yogurt sauce:

I don't have a proper steamer set so I do this method:

I cut the salmon into strips or chunks (so it will cook faster) and put the chunks in a small roasting tray and cover it with kitchen foil (no oil needed).
    Pop a small portion of pasta into a saucepan and fill the pan with boiling water from the kettle.
    Cover the saucepan with the tray so the steam from the water cooks the salmon (occasionally the salmon may take a little longer - especially if you have fresh pasta which cooks super quickly. If I have fresh pasta I just pop the tin of salmon on to the pan with boiling water for 5 mins or so before adding the pasta to the water)

While the pasta & salmon is cooking you can chop your cherry tomatoes in half (as many as you want) and make the sauce:
    I use fat free or very low fat yogurt (Yeo valley or Quark) but if you have the cals free you could use crème fraiche
    I finely grate the zest of half a small orange and then squeeze in a little of the juice (I know orange sounds a bit weird, but it seems to counteract the tartness of the yogurt)
    Add seasoning to taste (I also like to use some paprika...)
    When the pasta & salmon are cooked, drain the pasta & put it back in the pan.
    Add the salmon, tomatoes & sauce and heat it through for a tiny amount of time (not too high or too long as your yogurt can go a bit funny - just to heat up the sauce a tiny bit)

My husband and I like it anyway!! I think I got the idea from a cheap low-fat recipe book I bought years ago, and now I just make it up a little as I can't remember the exact recipe!
  • miasota
    miasota Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love mashed sweet potato with salmon
  • sdmcbride10
    sdmcbride10 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Really sounds like you know what your doing in the kitchen.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My favourite restaurant does a cajun spiced salmon fillet with grilled pineapple, rice and some other veggies that i don't remember.