Favorite foods THEN ... Favorite foods NOW

Options
2»

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it was my favorite food, but up there on the list were breakfast potato wedges cooked in olive oil and topped with a ton of cheese
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....
    Kid: Hot dogs on a bun with mac and cheese with peas, my Dad's chocolate chip pancakes
    Now: Fiber pasta mac and cheese with peas 😄 protien pancakes

LORD JESUS bless have a good weekend! 💟
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Then: grilled cheese and tomato soup, chicken nuggets, fast food of any sort. I was basic.

Now: Curries, pad thai, eggplant parmigiana, pizza, Mexican food, my dad's meatloaf...and I still love grilled cheese and tomato soup!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Then: tamales, grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup with oyster crackers

Now: curry oatmeal with mushrooms, onion, and bok choy; flash-steamed morel mushrooms and asparagus; avocado toast
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Then: tamales, grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup with oyster crackers

Now: curry oatmeal with mushrooms, onion, and bok choy; flash-steamed morel mushrooms and asparagus; avocado toast

Your 'now' sure sounds delicious! I love savory oatmeal too
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Then: grilled cheese and tomato soup, chicken nuggets, fast food of any sort. I was basic.

Now: Curries, pad thai, eggplant parmigiana, pizza, Mexican food, my dad's meatloaf...and I still love grilled cheese and tomato soup!

First thing I learned to cook— a little older than 5– grilled cheese and tomato soup. Still the best comfort food.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    THen: When I was a kid I absolutely loved peanut butter on Graham crackers...

Now....I absolutely love peanut butter on graham crackers...with a bit of flaked sea salt on top... I'm so refined now🤣
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Then: mac and cheese, pancakes, pizza
    Now: curries, ribs, peanut butter, goat cheese
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My favourite foods as a kid are still my favourites now.

Spaghetti
    grilled chicken and potatoes (my mom says a grilled potato is the first food i ate as a baby . apparently i stole one from the plate. After that she knew i was ready to transition to grown up food :smiley: )
    gemista (rice stuffed vegetables).
    all types of pies except spinach pie.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Then: Dessert
    Now: Dessert

:/

This is why I basically eat one savory meal a day and the rest is dessert like LOL.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Then: Dessert
    Now: Dessert

:/

This is why I basically eat one savory meal a day and the rest is dessert like LOL.

Yes, I definitely feed my cravings/desires/wants because if I didn't.....well carrots and zucchini can only satisfy me for so long. :)
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Then: Anything drenched in ranch, packaged ramen.
    Now: French onion soup, sushi, real ramen
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Then: breakfast cereal, PBJ's, hamburger dishes, lots of fruit, NO vegetables, cookies
    Now: protein shakes, roast beef sandwiches, chicken dishes, lots of fruit AND vegetables, cookies
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,726 Member
    Options
    * bump* lol

Long time since this was posted!
    Then-
    -Pepperoni pizza
    -Bolongia, American cheese, mayo, butter and Lay's potato chips on White wonder bread 😂
    - McDonalds Fish fillet
    - - Pasta, sauce and cheese
    Now
    - Raw mixed vegetable plate with vegan cashew cheese
    - Hummus, pita bread and lentil soups
    - broccoli mash, vegan pea soup, sprouted Artesian breads
    - Fresh raw fruits according to season
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    Then:
    Doritos - all dressed
    'Yogurt' covered peanuts/raisins
    Trail mix (sounds good...but mine would not only have nuts but lots of chocolate parts too)
    Cookies...too many cookies
    Diet Coke
    Muffins a.k.a. cake
    Liquors in coffee

Now:
    Tons of veggies
    Real yogurt lol!
    Sparling water
    Have always adored pb, but I'm using pb powder now
    Cloud Bread
    Anabolic ice 'cream'
    Fermented foods (Kimchi/Sauerkraut/Kefir/yogurt/miso/tempeh/apple cider vinegar)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    My favorite bedtime snack as a kid - for a long time - was a hunk of raw cucumber, and a glass of chocolate milk. I still eat lots of cucumber, rarely chocolate milk (though I had a glass of it on Saturday for the first time in a long time, at a post-row potluck).

This is a really hard question.

I honestly can't remember one single favorite food from childhood. Some I liked were tomato soup, pork chops baked in milk, pea soup, my mom's homemade mac'n'cheese (not remotely similar to the kind from a box), ice cream, goulash. There was a casserole that had sliced potatoes, I think canned mushroom soup, ground beef crumbles and bread crumbs on top that I liked a lot. Apple crisp or strawberry shortcake (made with baking powder biscuits).

Now? I don't eat meat anymore at all. I also still don't have a single favorite food.

Like I said, I eat a lot of cucumber. I go through a lot of plain Greek yogurt (in various ways).

My favorite restaurant thing is probably blue corn enchiladas from a local Mexican restaurant. At home, maybe it's the cooked rolled oats with mixed berries, Greek yogurt, cinnamon, walnuts, ground flax seed, hemp hearts, blackstrap molasses, peanut butter powder; coffee with hot skim milk and iced matcha with a lemon or lime wedge on the side. I eat that pretty much every day for either breakfast or lunch. I usually eat Winter squash around once a week, too (usually with white miso).

I like variety.
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Then...
    Pasta - Macaroni & cheese, Spaghetti
    Potatoes (mashed, baked or fried)
    Chicken

Now....
    Cashews
    Sweet potatoes
    Chicken (baked or grilled)
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Then: pasta, sodas, cookies (esp. oreos), bread, potatoes.

Now: steak, shellfish, cheese. Oh, and chocolate.

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    omg thank you for bringing this back :D