Is Beachbody on Demand worth it?

Options
For a compete beginner

Replies

• carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I like it. But me careful to sign up yourself rather than through a coach or you will be constantly harassed to buy over priced shakes
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I like it. But me careful to sign up yourself rather than through a coach or you will be constantly harassed to buy over priced shakes

Yes, this for sure!

One thing you might want to consider: what do you expect to get from this service for your money? And is it worth the price?

With the availability of workout videos and routines on YouTube, on demand or streaming if you pay for those services, or even the ability to borrow DVDs from the library...I honestly wouldn't find it worth it. I also don't have a gym membership. For some people, knowing that they're paying for it will incline them to take advantage of it more. I learned I am not one of those people, and it was money down the drain. I had to find another incentive.

Now, there's a couple trainers or YouTubers that I like and follow. Sometimes they have options to pay them for their work. If I feel like I'm already benefiting, and they aren't just grifting (I gravitate away from those folks), I might send them some money as a thank you because this is their job.

So I think it comes down to if you think it will work for you. If it will, great! And check cancellation policies before agreeing!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I loved it when I had it! Have you tried their workouts before? Make sure you at least enjoy some of the “trainers” and the workouts. Some of them, I could not handle their way of speaking and just got grumpy during the workout. Maybe weird, but true. The variety is great, the price for a year is great, not having to leave my living room is great! I am really a heavy lifting person. I add in a ton of hiking, occasional runs and a Shaun t workout(I have some dvds from years ago) 1-2 times a week because I enjoy them. I would consider a membership again in the future, but atm I am enjoying doing my own thing.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    If cost is a concern, do check out resources on youtube first. Also avail yourself of your local library. Many systems are integrated these days, so you have a whole network to borrow from. Mine has thousands of exercise DVDs.