Where to travel this summer?

Options
coachchbrown
coachchbrown Posts: 37 Member
This summer we should all be able to travel more with less restrictions. Time to start planning... being from northeast US, first day trip will be to Montreal, and first overnight travel maybe to some of the cities and towns along French Riviera. Anyone else starting to plan travel?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, probably not much of anywhere. Summer is my busy season at work, but also, the kids will be in summer school for a chunk of it trying to play a little catch up from over a year of distance learning. Our more usual state side destinations are also currently still heavily restricted in regards to what is open and what you can do. We're also due for a trip to the UK to visit my wife's extended family but I don't think that'll be happening for awhile either. We're tentatively planning a trip to New Zealand over the Christmas holiday...so we'll see if they're allowing international travel yet by that time.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I'm in the northeast as well and would love to visit my kids. :( Our ds lives just across the state but he's been super cautious so is waiting to get the vaccine. We have a dd in NC and another dd out in Seattle. I guess we'll have to wait and see. The only one we've seen since Christmas of 2019, is the dd from NC who drove up in August to attend a wedding. We do google hangouts but it's not the same. :/
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Vegas! I miss my friend there.
  • coachchbrown
    Options
    New Zealand would be great. Hope it work out
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, probably not much of anywhere. Summer is my busy season at work, but also, the kids will be in summer school for a chunk of it trying to play a little catch up from over a year of distance learning. Our more usual state side destinations are also currently still heavily restricted in regards to what is open and what you can do. We're also due for a trip to the UK to visit my wife's extended family but I don't think that'll be happening for awhile either. We're tentatively planning a trip to New Zealand over the Christmas holiday...so we'll see if they're allowing international travel yet by that time.

• coachchbrown
    Options
    Trips to Vegas and North Carolina should be able to happen this summer
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    d9b9488cca4c3cf7c9bb099da33bb1e6.jpg
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I've rented an apartment in Rome for 3 weeks in October. I was supposed to have gone March 2020 but had to cancel that one.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on visiting my home state again. My parents live there and an old college friend is finally getting married in July, so I really want to go back. :)