Let's try this again

Options
Hi I'm Crystal!

Recently I've noticed I've been gaining my weight back again. This time, I've gained some back because I've been dealing with my mom's passing and turning to food as a coping mechanism. I haven't wanted to work out and I'm really starting to dislike who I've become.

Backstory - I initially got up to 235lbs, got myself down to 160ish a few years ago and now I'm creeping back up to 200. Ive done weight watchers which was quite successful but financially I couldn't do it anymore. This is when my mom passed (Jan 2021).

MFP initially helped me lose that 235lbs so I want/need to come back to it because it's helped me before.

Hoping to curb these bad habits I've accumulated....and start exercising again.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Your loss is so recent; my condolences.

The fact that you're here again so soon is a show of such strength. What is it that MFPers can help you with (regarding habits, exercise or anything else) that you'd find most beneficial right now?
  • LennineHooper
    LennineHooper Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's such a hard loss to deal with. My dad passed away, it'll be 5 years this coming May, that's when I quit going to the gym and eating right. It really felt like nothing mattered, health, fitness, work, friends. Nothing.

I'm not going to say that time heals all, but what I can say is over time you'll learn how to cope.

You've already made the first step, well done! If you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to message me or add me as a friend. I really do understand how you feel.
  • ruthlaurie16
    ruthlaurie16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My condolences. I’ve been so hard on myself for gaining some pandemic weight, but your post reminded me: my parents passed within months of one another (before the pandemic), we moved, pandemic and lifestyle changes happened, job stress increased. We can all go easier on ourselves for sure. Now I’m trying to ease my way to healthier habits.

Reading your post really helped, and thank you for sharing. Feel very free to add me as a friend, and LennineHooper and MaltedTea, feel free to add me as well! Let’s do this together.

LaurieR
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Your loss is so recent; my condolences.

The fact that you're here again so soon is a show of such strength. What is it that MFPers can help you with (regarding habits, exercise or anything else) that you'd find most beneficial right now?

Helping me stay on track mostly! I lose focus easily nowadays
  • GeekDadCS
    GeekDadCS Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I remember how hard I was hit when my mom passed away. I wouldn't have been able to handle any major changes in my life. That speaks to your strength. You'll find the people here are friendly and willing to help.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I remember how hard I was hit when my mom passed away. I wouldn't have been able to handle any major changes in my life. That speaks to your strength. You'll find the people here are friendly and willing to help.

Ive been a part of MFP for over 11 years now off and on. People have always been super friendly. Glad to be back!
  • Maeshree14
    Maeshree14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Deepeat condolences my dad passed on 3yrs ago im still dealing with the loss.Stay focused im bk after a while gained 2kg got to start agan now.Stay strong we all can do this
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    If it's accountability and staying on track you seek, @beastmode_kitty, then you may find the semi-private MFP groups helpful (in addition to the super nice folks you see above here in the public side of the forums).

All of the groups can be searched here...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/groups/browse/popular

...and I'm active in a monthly group called "Ultimate Accountability Challenge" No need to wait for April's round, you can join groups like these at any time!