Options
2»

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    gutzbgon wrote: »
    I'll take it cold with a big dollop of cream 🤤iafa50qyecaf.jpg

@slimgirljo15 you're in Oz right? Yet I have never seen a mulberry pie, yet as a kid I used to eat them, throw them and generally stain all my clothing with them!! I love them.

Yep, Im Australian. I did the same as a kid, we had a huge mulberry tree and once they were ripe everything I wore was mulberry stained 😆 man, that stuff is hard to get out.
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'll take it cold with a big dollop of cream 🤤iafa50qyecaf.jpg

Mom has a mulberry tree and makes pie ever year around July 4. :smiley:

You're so lucky, Mulberry trees aren't easy to find anymore. Sadly the tree at my dads was hit by lightning years ago and died. I have to buy blackberries from the shop ( closest in taste I can find) but they are so expensive roughly $12 just for enough blackberries to make a pie. 😔
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Lemon meringue or coconut cream 🤤
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    p2uhj9h181fx.jpg
    lf7kl9btxydl.jpg
    tdwjqsxm7k37.jpg
    16ku6si4c0dr.jpeg
    gmh2587k0j0s.jpg
    t86kiwiq87ca.jpg

• VegjoyP
    Options
    h5pv0zmjpxb5.jpeg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    jprqq2f7dzup.pnghvm6qolhhw0d.pngg3ngh21k3p3s.png
    Olive Oil Baklava with Walnuts and Dark Chocolate
    6jnjchacomxk.png

Not sure if I have a favorite....I do like some 'nutty' pies out there that's for sure..

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Since y'all failed to give me notice, I'm flipping through my Joy of Cooking to see what kind of pie I can whip up quickly today with ingredients I have on hand. Normally I have blueberries, but am shopping tmrw and used the last of them today. I'm looking at various chocolate pies. I have no premade pie crusts, and don't want to roll dough, and am about to see if I have enough Graham crackers for a crumb crust.

I'm supposed to be setting up my new computer and have successfully procrastinated all day long...

I was feeling a little out of control with the pie thing, so had an orange instead, which is a joke between my brother and me about our mother's position on desserts when we were growing up that turned out to be useful advice.

"Want dessert? Have an orange."

I would have rather had pie, but hadn't planned for it, didn't have the calories, had no recipes that wouldn't include a boat load of saturated fat which I've been reducing, and felt like making it would unleash a binge.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My mother used to make a blueberry peach pie that was out of this world! Homemade crust of course.

I make an ok version..her's was the best tho.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,515 Member
    Options
    I'm not really into pies. Well, I like a nice piece of apple tart every now and then, and vlaai, but I'm not into cream, custard, thick layers of chocolate. Fluffy dough layers and fruits are fine though.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    hzznyr06u4lm.png
    ended up getting these :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,811 Member
    Options
    Y’all are just WRONG for this.

*crosses arms and buries head in hands, weeping copiously*
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,811 Member
    Options
    @slimgirljo15 we discovered mulberry trees while biking during the first month of covid. Couldn’t figure out why blackberries were growing on trees. Google told us what they were and gave us a pie recipe.

Then we became obsessed finding and picking mulberry trees. So many neighbors and passerby’s were interested in what we were doing we had to hold out on one small secret grove so we’ll get some this year.

We are already checking the buds since we’re down to our last packet of mulberries in the freezer.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    @slimgirljo15 we discovered mulberry trees while biking during the first month of covid. Couldn’t figure out why blackberries were growing on trees. Google told us what they were and gave us a pie recipe.

Then we became obsessed finding and picking mulberry trees. So many neighbors and passerby’s were interested in what we were doing we had to hold out on one small secret grove so we’ll get some this year.

We are already checking the buds since we’re down to our last packet of mulberries in the freezer.

What a lucky find. 😃 yeah, don't tell too many, keep some secret
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options

They are also really good in pancakes! Here in Massachusetts they are ripe in July. We often have guests for the 4th and would send them out to pick mulberries for pancakes.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

They are also really good in pancakes! Here in Massachusetts they are ripe in July. We often have guests for the 4th and would send them out to pick mulberries for pancakes.

Now that's something I have to try.. 🤤 would never have thought of that.
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    ks0u58vveqv9.jpg
    pa2zv07eptwm.jpg
    w2dffnb1stfi.jpg
    xca5jiqxut1g.jpg
    q1x5jztlsvag.jpg
    lpfm2l2ik1sj.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options