Any other Japanese foodies out there?

Options
lilninjakitty
lilninjakitty Posts: 16 Member
edited March 2021 in Food and Nutrition
Hi everyone!!
xdgxu1ubindc.jpeg
I am really obsessed with Japanese food lately and have been looking for some new recipes to try! I just made this omelette rice this morning, choosing to stir-fry the rice instead with peas, carrots, and bamboo shoots because I don’t like ketchup. Any recipes anyone would like to share?

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I’m not a foodie but my best friend is just starting to experiment with cooking Japanese dishes so I’ve been able to try some. He’s made:
    Hamburg steak and Kabocha squash
    qwwymvgr5vfq.jpeg

Omurice
    xr4itrzshrc2.jpeg
    4efp83ezl1ac.jpeg

Japanese curry and rice
    wfswrorcigqq.jpeg

What I want to try to make is “coffee jelly” but there’s so many different recipes for it I haven’t picked one to try yet! :)
  • lilninjakitty
    lilninjakitty Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’m not a foodie but my best friend is just starting to experiment with cooking Japanese dishes so I’ve been able to try some. He’s made:
    Hamburg steak and Kabocha squash
    qwwymvgr5vfq.jpeg

Omurice
    xr4itrzshrc2.jpeg
    4efp83ezl1ac.jpeg

Japanese curry and rice
    wfswrorcigqq.jpeg

What I want to try to make is “coffee jelly” but there’s so many different recipes for it I haven’t picked one to try yet! :)

Yum!!! I love all of these, the little heart on the Omurice is absolutely adorable!! Let me know if you try the coffee jelly- I’ve been dying to make it too!!
  • OliveSalt
    OliveSalt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ochazuke is the best comfort food
  • lilyxxxz
    lilyxxxz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love Japanese food. The dish I cook most often is sukiyaki because it's so easy and flexible! And delicious of course :D Japanese curry is also one of my favorite.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my ex was japanese and a sorry excuse for a human, much less a man.

so.... yeah. no. 20 years of my life eating crap like that (not that it wasn't bad, much of it i liked but i digress)

anyway, i have some sushi on occasion. maybe a few times a year. i refuse to make it and cant buy it locally.

that's about it.

sad one person ruined an entire culture that i otherwise have no issue with for me LOL
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    Roll your own california hand rolls are not very authentic but an easy dinner to put together. I apparently burnt the kakiage.
    i6nrxgm3goye.jpeg
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    Yes! Though I have to do all the cooking for it myself and can't eat out anything besides sushi due to a soy intolerance.