Do you have a fitspiration or anyone you consider body goals?

Options
DezYaoified
DezYaoified Posts: 143 Member
edited March 2021 in Motivation and Support

Does anyone else have a picture they keep as motivation? Even if it’s not someone, maybe a picture of an outfit, or a picture of a mountain you plan to climb?

Replies

• PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know this isn't a popular person and I'll get laughed at, but... Anna Nicole Smith before she started doing drugs and gained a lot of weight.

We are the same height and have the same shape / bone structure so she's a lot more attainable than Jennifer Aniston or Kate Moss or a Kardashian.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know this isn't a popular person and I'll get laughed at, but... Anna Nicole Smith before she started doing drugs and gained a lot of weight.

We are the same height and have the same shape / bone structure so she's a lot more attainable than Jennifer Aniston or Kate Moss or a Kardashian.

Nothing wrong with that!

Mine, for years, was (plumper years) Amanda De Cadenet! For many of the same reasons.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    It's not she's my idol or anything, but I wouldn't mind looking like Kaisa Keranen. Perhaps a bit less muscular in the arms and shoulders (based on other pictures I've seen), and a bit more hips (I think my bone structure will ensure that 😁 ) but overall a healthy and not too skinny look.

1pfa3lyxwx0y.jpg
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Ernestine Shepherd. Definitely Fitspiration. She didn't even get started until she was in her 50s. I wanna still be that active and healthy when I get older. https://www.baltimoresun.com/features/bs-fe-baltimore-bodybuilder-beyonce-video-20200805-5s3fvsvr6rcelbojum3yzydzri-story.html
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I don't have her picture or anything, but I remember watching this show when I was 14 or 15, and it got me into light weight lifting, which I've done now for about 30 years! I'm probably almost as old as Mary Jane was here, and think it's funny, now, how they're always talking about how old she is on the show.
    https://youtu.be/3slqsMESXb4
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I've gotten over the whole idolizing someone's body/body type, as for me I find it harmful. In my early 20's I cut my face out of pictures and stuck them on pictures of celebrities' bodies I admired (J Lo, Mariah Carey--this was late 90's/early 00's). That's not to say I don't admire some people's bodies--absolutely I do, both men and women (in different ways, ha ha). However, I don't really aspire to look like someone else, anymore. Instead, I aspire to lift as heavy as some of them do. For example, saw a video one of my favorite personal trainer's IG stories of someone who did a front squat with 175 lbs. I did some yesterday, too, but was nowhere near that weight. I thought to myself how cool it would be if I could do that!
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    me too! I think I'd get depressed if I pasted my face on J Lo, haha
    I've gotten over the whole idolizing someone's body/body type, as for me I find it harmful. In my early 20's I cut my face out of pictures and stuck them on pictures of celebrities' bodies I admired (J Lo, Mariah Carey--this was late 90's/early 00's). That's not to say I don't admire some people's bodies--absolutely I do, both men and women (in different ways, ha ha). However, I don't really aspire to look like someone else, anymore. Instead, I aspire to lift as heavy as some of them do. For example, saw a video one of my favorite personal trainer's IG stories of someone who did a front squat with 175 lbs. I did some yesterday, too, but was nowhere near that weight. I thought to myself how cool it would be if I could do that!

• Speakeasy76
    Options
    NVintage wrote: »
    me too! I think I'd get depressed if I pasted my face on J Lo, haha

LOL, it was--especially because I'm blonde and blue-eyed, and it just didn't look right. I still have the picture--she's wearing a silver sequined tank top and miniskirt. I cringe at the thought of me wearing that, even though I'm in much better shape then I was back then!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    SabrinaJL wrote: »
    Ernestine Shepherd. Definitely Fitspiration. She didn't even get started until she was in her 50s. I wanna still be that active and healthy when I get older. https://www.baltimoresun.com/features/bs-fe-baltimore-bodybuilder-beyonce-video-20200805-5s3fvsvr6rcelbojum3yzydzri-story.html

I always think of Ernestine when someone thinks they might be too old for exercise/working out/lifting, etc. Definitely a good role model for staying active after retirement, or any age!
  • DezYaoified
    DezYaoified Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Congrats on the squat!

I do keep a few pictures of idols. This is my go to favorite.
    r4vatl8jf2iv.jpeg
    Yes I would love to look like her, and I feel like her body shape is more obtainable then some of other idols that I admire.

But mostly, I want to FEEL as good as I think she looks. And that doesn’t mean I want to get to her size, she’s 98 pounds! I wouldn’t be happy. But I do want that confidence!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Totally...

Jack-Black-Twerks-Cardi-B-Megan-Thee-Stallion-WAP-Speedo-002.jpg?w=700&quality=86&strip=all

Lol...I'm bored...

• Speakeasy76
    Options
    SabrinaJL wrote: »

This lady, Joan McDonald, inspires me too! She's 73 and got started in her late 60's! Amazing!
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Me ten years ago😂

But really just strong kickass women like Claudia Kozak🤩