Carbs

Options
Anyone knows how to stop eating too many carbs? Mainly bread. I do not binge on many things but i do love eating sweet bread. I know it is bad for me yet i consume on a daily basis. 😥

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Why is bread bad? Does it fill you and make you happy? If so why not log it as part of your calorie goal? If you eat too much and too little other things then it's time to scale back. But overall carbs are not bad, outside of certain medical conditions.
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Why is bread bad? Does it fill you and make you happy? If so why not log it as part of your calorie goal? If you eat too much and too little other things then it's time to scale back. But overall carbs are not bad, outside of certain medical conditions.

this :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Anyone knows how to stop eating too many carbs? Mainly bread. I do not binge on many things but i do love eating sweet bread. I know it is bad for me yet i consume on a daily basis. 😥

You just don't eat it...you don't buy it...you don't make it. That said, carbs aren't "bad"...they are just one of the three macro-nutrients...carbs/protein/fat. Eating bread is only bad for you in as much as over eating anything is bad for you. I don't eat a lot of bread, but I don't watch my carbs either...I just prefer other carbs to bread. Having something sweet and delicious is also not "bad" in so much as you can control yourself. I have deserts most every night. Over the last few weeks we've had a lemon cake, chocolate cake, banana bread, and my wife's chocolate chip cookies...I very much look forward to these treats in the evening after dinner while my wife and I watch a show. In the context of my diet on the whole, they aren't "bad"...they are a rather small piece of the whole.

Which reminds me, we're out of desert...I wonder if my wife has any plans to make anything this afternoon...maybe another banana bread...I noticed some bananas on the counter going brown this morning.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    dont buy it, if its a 'problem' food.

but carbs arent bad for you, unless you have certain medical conditions. half my macros are carbs. in many different forms lol