Fitbit confusion

Options
Please tell me why on the two days I put no effort in I had exercise come through but on the day I pushed myself I get zero?
It’s been synced!vcvpr417afzr.jpeg
cngtgdmqedn3.jpeg

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Where are you seeing on MFP that the sync has been successful?

Have you read this? https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056777832-2021-Messaging-Regarding-the-Status-of-our-Fitbit-Integration

From the shots that you're showing, it appears that the sync is delayed.
  • toadflaxbex
    toadflaxbex Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    In more on MFP and at the top on Fitbit

cj1e0hgty3wt.jpeg
    432kp0y76fn3.jpeg
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    The sync in your Fitbit app is just letting you know that the device has synced with the Fitbit app, not MFP. I’m not sure about the “last synced” on MFP, because sometimes mine will say synced, but the steps at the top of my app (iPhone) do not match what my Fitbit says. There may be answers in the link that was posted above (I didn’t read it)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,174 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    For the sync with Fitbit, you need to look elsewhere. Go to your diary and scroll down to your calorie adjustment. Tap on that calorie adjustment, then tap on "Extra calories earned" and you'll see more details, including the last sync.

v0jp1c18g3to.png
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    The "Sync complete" at the top of my Fitbit means that the Fitbit app has synched with the actual fitbit around my wrist, not that it has synched with MFP. If it's showing zero exercise calories with almost 15K steps but lots with far fewer, seems pretty clear to me it has not actually synched with MFP.

If you see at the bottom of my diary, it will show the "Fitbit Calorie Adjustment" with my steps for the day. Are you seeing that?

MFPucuw5vg1xqnz.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    In more on MFP and at the top on Fitbit

cj1e0hgty3wt.jpeg
    432kp0y76fn3.jpeg

Synced of FitBit is just telling you that your device has synced to your FitBit app...not MFP. It has to synch with both.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    Fitbit watch synced with Fitbit app and possibly with Fitbit in the sky

MFP app synced with some parts of MFP in the sky and good luck whether it was all.

No indication that Fitbit in the sky synced with MFP in the sky for the purpose of comparing tdee figures for the day. That comparison, in any case, will be fully valid at end of day.

I would also, check my stats and settings in both apps to make sure they're identical including time zone
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Edited because my question is not relevant... Looks like MFP and Fitbit have not synced for yesterday's stats. As others indicated.
  • toadflaxbex
    Options
    So this is what I’m seeing in all areas advised.

kwgmv6al4evg.jpeg
    ruy2b9gw2d49.jpeg
    vr6uq5ogd5mc.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    MFP at 2227 got 2268 Cal from Fitbit

Fitbit says you've burned 3343 calories for the day.

Fix your time zones so that all apps and web sites and watches use the same.

Did you get all your calories burned in a single activity between 22:27 and 23:59? With Fitbit deciding you burned more than 10 Cal a minute in that time frame?

In any case, you need MFP and Fitbit to exchange data after 23:59 to have the "correct" adjustment
    Also, with a TDEE in the 3000s unless you're literally just starting out, you may want to reduce the size of your deficit and start eating in the 2000 cal range for the longer term...
  • toadflaxbex
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Thing is I haven’t changed the time zones so why would 2days send the exercise over but one day not? Anyhow checked and both are in GMT

‘In any case, you need MFP and Fitbit to exchange data after 23:59 to have the "correct" adjustment’

How do I set it so the date is taken after 23.59?
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Also, with a TDEE in the 3000s unless you're literally just starting out, you may want to reduce the size of your deficit and start eating in the 2000 cal range for the longer term...

Ive been on and off losing weight for years but just got back in to logging and putting effort in after Lockdown. even during lockdown was eating no more then 1500 (estimated but honestly didn’t eat stupidly!) but the exercise decreased but still put on. Sure my body is screwed up!