Hi! I'm down almost 100 lbs and it's been no walk in the park!

Options
dreakat777
dreakat777 Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2021 in Introduce Yourself
From years of eating poorly and drinking I landed myself in the ICU with necrotizing pancreatis. I developed an ulcer and had to have 11 blood transfusions as well as a blood clot removed from my lung. I experienced firsthand what it feels like to have your life slip away. I vowed to myself and loved ones I would turn it all around if I were blessed with the opportunity to change.

I lost 82.2 lbs in 10 months. I ate low-carb with lean protein, fruits, and berries. I went for walks, sprinted up the hills at the park, skateboarded and biked. I went back to just walking and ate mostly like a vegetarian while I cooked in a kitchen. That had it's busy moments, but largely had little orders which resulted in sitting around, so I started lifting weights and dancing in between orders. The weight has came off quickly at first and slowly crept down, sometimes a few lbs every couple of weeks more recently.

I drank water, diet tea and juice, diet soda, and sf bangs. I would make lots of mozzarella cheese sticks and other junk at times but would also eat well. I maintained my weight but got poor sleep from the late night hours until...

I quit my late night bar kitchen job. I cut out negative influences and environments. I just completed my first week of kickboxing. I got my gloves the 2nd day before class and didn't stop. As a result of working out at a high-intensity level, I've slept better, my mind is more clear, I'm happier, have gotten more definition and also gained muscle mass...as well as a new perspective.

Abstaining from alcohol and tons of caffeine has helped tremendously this month. I've been hungrier and only reaching for healthy food 70% of the time out of convenience. I'm bumping it up hardcore this Monday and nothing will stop me, only myself and I will not let that happen if I can help it.

I weighed in at 169.2 today. I'm only 20 lbs away from my goal. I'm going low-carb again.I'm going to drop more fat and replace it with more muscle. In the studio I jog to get my heart rate going, punch, kick, do jumping jacks, suicides, mountain-toppers, burpees, bear crawls, sprawls, wall crawls, russian twists, leg lifts, and planks. I still walk and have built it up to jogging and skateboard often.

I am grateful for my supportive family and friends, but this has largely been my journey and I will not take this new lease on life for granted. I am glad I didn't give up.

I am grateful for my supportive friends and family. Sure we've gotten down on total junk at times, but this is my body, my life, my journey and I am grateful they have cheered me on along the way as well as mirrored some healthy habits.

I will not take this new lease on life for granted. I am glad I didn't give up. May we all march forward with our heads held high, no matter the struggle and strife. Stay strong in body, mind, and spirit. We can do anything.

-Andrea-

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Well done and welcome to the community!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, you certainly turned things around. I envy your dedication to your ability to do the hard work! :)
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Such a wake up call and such an amazing response. Keep up the excellent work. You should be very proud of yourself; I know you are!